January 2021 Transfer Rumours

We’d have to be really, really desperate…

Probably drinking at the Last Chance Saloon as far as his career is concerned . Still only 27 so potential to turn things round.

We know DC likes a project.

He came on v Brentford on opening day and played last 15 minutes. Also started in league cup v Cambridge but didn’t score so yeah bit odd he hasn’t been put on the bench and come on in odd game just to see if he could do anything.

Odin Bailey was only on the bench for that Cambridge game and he’s a good player at Forest Green although a bit older so strange one.

Hearts are apparently looking at Adebayo.

Had a look on a Hearts forum and there was this.

He’d be a big loss for us in my opinion.

Wow. Player of the season for me so far, his goals have been good but his all round play has come on leaps and bounds. So many times you hear “yeah but his hold up play is great” about a striker that is struggling for goals but he’s been doing both. A real focal point.

And there is absolutely nothing behind him in this squad in terms of competition.

An absolute must keep hold of.

8 Likes

Yeah. I’d agree Eli can be proud of his season to date. Work rate has been very good too.

Not POTS though.

Who is?

I’d have Holden and Norman above him.

1 Like

Reading up on this they are after a striker seems a bit random to have no truth in it.

Norman I’d agree with as a contender to be fair. Holden was very slow at the start of the season (completely understandable) but to be fair seemed to be getting going just before his injury.

Sell him we’ve got Lavs!

1 Like

Adabeyo has been brilliant no doubt, but as the club seems to going nowhere I would struggle to be upset about it.

1 Like

Hearts would hardly pay anything for him so wouldn’t get much of a fee for him at all.

But then he probably wouldn’t fancy another year at league 2 level slogging it out for a team not that serious about promotion.

Can’t see him signing a new deal as you imagine a fair few league 1 clubs will be looking at him for next season, same for Flash.

3 Likes

Yep could end up very messy if we lose those types and replace with free loan crap not a good time at the moment is it.

1 Like

If he goes I make that 4 players we need, 5 if you count Holden, to even make a fist of play offs. Can’t see it happening.

1 Like

Nope me neither add that to the woeful recruiting system so far and I’d say it’s going to take a minor miracle to sort us out, I personally don’t think DC is capable but always welcome to be proven wrong.

Christ!!! we are useless when one player gets injured :joy: i can’t begin to think what we would be like without one of our three decent players :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I still think they could all stay to end of season.

However as it stands Ade, Wes, Flash all going at end of season isn’t a good look.

Frustration of the season so far that those three plus Holden have hardly played together. The four games up to xmas was indication of what can happen when they’re all fully up to speed and then of course Holden gets season ending injury in training so that’s one area I do have sympathy towards DC.

A genuinely decent forward line at this level which has what played 7 games all season?

2 Likes

The more terrifying thing is that those names are literally all we have as an attacking personel, we’ll be starting from bloody nothing again if they all go (apart from Holden)

4 Likes