January 2024 Transfer Window

Yes it is, oh sorry you were talking about the Irish league weren’t you!

3 Likes

Priority for me is RB. Riley doesn’t even look comfortable jogging and Foulkes is not at the quality needed. I believe we’ll also get a lot more out of Knowles when he doesn’t have to shoulder the entirety of our right-hand side going forward.

Although if Draper and DJ leave, then we’ll be in big trouble. Looking for a striker in January is going to be difficult.

4 Likes

Haven’t we got one sitting on the bench? Oops yes we have, but Sadler prefers DJT the goal machine.

I DO think we will lose both DJ and Draper come January, doesn’t bode well for the rest of our dead rubber season if that IS the case.

What is happening to our club, why must we always be the also ran’s, will we ever eradicate this losing mentality from our beloved club? This constant “it’ll be ok to finish 17th, next season will be better” mantra is becoming a bore for most of us.

1 Like

St Pats won the cup or whatever the equivalent is, maybe we could raid them for some decent winning mentality players

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Think we need a rwb ,experienced midfielder and someone who can take a decent set piece.Our corners and free kicks are appalling

1 Like

Don’t forget penalties too, our last penalty taker wasn’t very good at them either :wink:

Maybe one for us?

Winger, can play on either side, 24 years of age, 59 goals in 180 games for St Pats/Drogheda

3 Likes

Unless we’re going to change formation Sadler doesn’t suffer wingers gladly.

1 Like

Could we sign him outside the transfer window or would we have to wait till January?

Can agree a deal now, but won’t be able to sign/play until 1st January

1 Like

Taelor O’Kane of AFC Fylde. Great prospect.

Oh January, where our record on & off the pitch has been so good for so many years.

Don’t be surprised if we get more permanent signings than points.

Played with Sadler at Shrewsbury

1 Like

Could help the defence hold the line.

5 Likes

Sounds like our kind of player, with great stats on discipline, assists and and a great scoring record. To be be honest and we should snap him up immediately and break the bank on wages to secure him. If he is not cup tied get him straight into action tomorrow and Im sure he will certainly turn our season around

If he knows MS it’s a given he will want to steer clear of the boring c**k

3 Likes

I’m sure Jordan can put those stats into his super computer :grinning:

2 Likes

If DJ does go and Dapper gets recalled by Linclon.

We are in trouble, that leaves DJT and Matt. Don’t expect much goals from them.

We would definitely need at least 2/3 strikers if possible.

Also would be interested if Sadler goes for Connor Keeley looks like decent player with those stats… Think Notts County put a bid in for him at some point (and was rejected ).

I also think we should send back some loan players like

Harvey griffiths ( not getting enough game time) and we have cover in midfield with RAM and Jack Earing possibly fit, and Hutch, McEntee plenty of midfielders in team.

David Okagbue ( Could get a good RB instead) plus Rollin and Priest and Williams can cover CB.

Ross Teirney hopefully we keep he is good.

I would say in all :

2/3 strikers ( obvs depending on DJ and Drapper situation)
1 right back
1 left winger

There are some players i would ask to leave by mutual consent already but maybe thats another debate till the end of the season.

Actually, I think Draper will stay and possibly DJ too.

Not sure about Okagbue - it depends on whether we go to three at the back. Griffiths, I agree is unlikely to feature much.

The right back is the key signing. The weak right flank has cost us a great deal this season.

6 Likes