January 2024 Transfer Window

Assuming nobody leaves from current squad then I think we need a RB and left sided centre back. I’d look to move Rollin and/or Dave Okagbue on.

DJT needs a loan.

1 Like

Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere

4 Likes

Saw this other day id take him in a heartbeat

One player i cant understand for the life of me still as a free agent is Matty Longstaff released by Newcastle was quite the little gem and was highly rated by Newcastle , might be hidden reasons why he cant pick up a club or clubs not tried to sign him bur if he would drop down to league 2 id take a punt on him on an 18month contract

He’s recovering from an ACL injury.

1 Like

Never knew that did look around but couldnt see amything , may not be the same type of player when he returns then but could also be young enough to power through and come back stronger , watched him a few times he had amazing potential

1 Like

Makes an even more attractive proposition and Earing’s bed is now vacant

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up

2 Likes

There must be some issues with Matty Long staff , he didn’t set the world alight at Colchester prior to the injury

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/newcastle-united/matty-longstaff-free-agent-transfer-newcastle-united-647924-20231012#:~:text=Longstaff%20was%20eventually%20handed%20a,from%20his%20contract%20this%20summer.

1 Like

Thats what im thinking, all the potential was there but even with an ACL injury the toon could of kept him on is there some underlying issue EG attitude or is it just a case of him slipping through the net.

Remember Demontagnac brilliant player had you off your seats could of gone a lot higher but in the end his behaviour and attitude ruined his career

He suffered persistent hamstring problems at Col U prior to his ACL injury so his loan spell never really took off. He only went to Mansfield because his agent is mates with someone there and other moves to Championship clubs fell through for various reasons, the Derby County mess of a couple of years ago being one reason, and I think he was all set to go to Middlesbrough but they signed someone else . His first loan at Aberdeen was blighted by home sickness. He likely would have done better if he had made a move to a Championship club really. He’s just been very unlucky on several fronts, nothing wrong with his attitude, infact his willingness to drop down to the fourth division simply to get game time has ultimately worked against him.

2 Likes

Hopefully he’ll get himself right, he certainly looked a good player when broke into the Newcastle team , I’m sure he won’t be short of clubs willing to take a chance.

1 Like

Yes mate he looked like a talent the games i saw him play , was very surprised Newcastle released him hes still relatively young and although he suffered an ACL he could of come back the same or maybe stronger , on the downside he could of only come back half the prospect but with the riches at Newcastle they could of given him another 12-18 month contract

I agree RB is the main priority , i was crying out for Fankaty Dabo in the pre season then he rocked up at FGR great player at this level

DJT needs a loan move but think it will depend on who we bring in if anyone if Draper goes back cant see it happening

The irony is, if he had hung around and been happy to warm the bench or not even make the squad on a basic wage ala Dummett, hence got his niggling injuries sorted and quite possibly avoided his serious injury, he might well have got another short term deal and would almost certainly have had game time this season bearing in mind the injuries. It really is the ultimate sliding door scenario, where now youve got a 17 year old Lewis Miley who would have been behind him in the pecking order, getting and taking his chance with both hands. He will be a good pick up for someone, but this has happened before with Cal Roberts, another talented but injury prone player who admirably dropped down to NL North to play for Blyth when he didn’t have a club. Other than a spell at Aberdeen he’s never played above National League and is now at Scunthorpe back in the NL North where he still continues to be stricken with injuries, strangely Roberts also had a failed loan spell at Colchester. I suppose you could say we’ve seen similar with the likes of Holden and Flo over recent years. Holden’s playing in the Welsh League in his mid 20’s having only ever played about 70 pro games.

3 Likes

Sounds perfect for us then.

1 Like

Declan John, who tore apart Taylor Allen when we played Salford earlier in the season has been made available for transfer by Bolton, 6 months left on his contract, a right sided wingback. Get your hand in your pocket Trivella

2 Likes

Wasn’t that Luke Bolton?

1 Like

It was …I think Declan John is a left wing back.

I think it was Bolton but still, experienced player that knows the division. I’d be considering it

Watching Boycott’s video, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of Drogheda players in.

1 Like