January 2024 Transfer Window

Joe Foulkes should be heading out on loan to the National League this week

Makes it even more ridiculous that we didnt bring someone in if thats true what happens if Knowles gets injured now?

We win more games and get more crosses on target ?

Disappointed if Joe Foulkes leaves on loan - he should have had more opportunities for us this season.

12 Likes

He would have under most other managers whoā€™d notice how poor knowles is
Foulkes hasnā€™t been given a chance at all since the start of the season

1 Like

Oteh would cover at RWB, or Riley if he ever comes back from injury.

1 Like

i forgot Riley even existed. What a disaster of a signing he has been in terms of fitness.

6 Likes

Heā€™ll be gone in the summer, should free up quite abit of wages as Iā€™m sure heā€™s a big earner.

4 Likes

Isnā€™t Riley actually a cm by trade though ?

1 Like

Sadler is clueless.

1 Like

A bit of both but he played CM for Carlisle, he had a great season for them so we chucked some money at him, as a central midfielder. Hes never played there for us has he :joy:

Think Riley made his professional debut playing as a full back, but he prefers to play in CM. He looked superb in the pre-season fixture against Villa, got injured and hasnā€™t looked anywhere near the required level since.

1 Like

Maybe we should give Riley a go in his best position? Wouldnā€™t hurt would it

1 Like

Never looked fit, even when he played. He runs flat footed, like hes protecting himself.

He did an interview when he was in the team earlier in the season where he said he had told Sadler that he sees himself as a full back.

I was watching one of our night games at Bescot on I-Follow and he was doing co comms, and he said he played all of his last season at Carlisle at wing back. Has never seemed athletic enough to play that position on a regular basis, to me, but maybe that is down to the injury he had.

1 Like

I thought he was CM, happy to be wrong. Hes certainly not quick is he.

You arenā€™t wrong, he has definitely been a CM, I think Carlisle converted him to a wing back. Successfully Iā€™d imagine, cos they wanted to keep him.

Riley is finished, bloke has had to learn how to run again and it just doesnā€™t look natural. Given the profile of his signing, he has been a bit part player even when fit, he will be released in the summer.

1 Like

Shame we never got to see the Riley Carlisle did x

1 Like