January Transfer Window predictions

Don’t clubs have insurance that pays for players wages when they are injured?
I’m sure I remember that from somewhere :crazy_face:

Rushworth recalled, and signs for Championship club on loan. Miller and Phillips also recalled and sent to bigger clubs.

We miss out on Rollin as another club outbid us, and Kahn gets a better offer so leaves us after the expiry of his six-month deal (afterall why would we wait until Jan to offer him an extension?).

At least we have the new year to look forward to David :joy:

2 Likes

Any positives to take out of that.

4 Likes

He spelt everything right :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Blimey next fans forum would be interesting if all that happened. :rofl:

Phillips is at the right level for this stage of his career, he’s not even a regular starter for last month so no idea what logic is being used to think league 1 clubs will be after him. Miller also scored 1 goal in last 8 so I think it’s safe to say he’ll be staying until May.

Pomlett wants Rollin signed full time so I expect that to happen, who knows on Khan.

Honestly think know Shade is only one who’ll go back. I think there’s talent there but he’s one of those youth loans simply not ready for league football yet.

I’m usually incorrect with my predictions, so we can probably assume what I just said won’t happen… :joy:

4 Likes

Rushworth is the only one i think we could lose Miller and Phillips are nowhere near ready for a higher level and Rollin is one we should be able to get if he is happy here.

I’ve gone from thinking we need to offer Barnsley 200k for Miller to thinking just send him back I know it’s not his game playing up front on his own but 1 goal in 8 games is not very good. If we are going to play that way let’s get a striker in who that formation suits.

1 Like

And a striker that “suits” us isn’t going to be available, (not cheap anyway) in January.

With Miller’s form dipping a little, that should knock abit off what Barnsley would have possibly wanted if he kept up his early form, so surely that’s better for us if we can get him for next to nothing.

He’s worth nothing to be fair :rofl:
There’s probably better options in non league but I’d be happy to give Miller a 12-18 month contract as long as he was a free transfer and happy to sign for 1k a week.

Miller needs some help, he’d start scoring again if he had a more physical striker alongside him to take the interest of the CBs.

He has done more in one game than Shade has done all season. I just hope that this is something MT is just saying for the papers and is not reflective of what is going on behind the scenes!!!

1 Like

Hope it is too.

I’ve never understood why such an issue is made of any manager making comments like this. Most of them, after most games say a generic variation of one or the other…

Team wins/player plays well = manager says must maintain those standards/it’s only one game etc etc

Team loses/player doesn’t play well or makes mistakes = manager saying we are a decent team/he is a decent player/manager says its a one off/they are just low on confidence etc etc

1 Like

Deliberately devaluing his price tag to secure that dream permanent move to WS1! :joy:

Yeah, I’d be amazed if that were the case. It’s not even like Otis Khan is an unknown quantity at this level, hes played over 150 games at league level. I’d imagine he’d have to do more than a few sub appearances at Walsall to have scouts coming to watch him.

1 Like

Hmm this doesn’t sound right to me. I don’t understand why it took this long to play him if “he does that every day in training” and what more he needs to do to “earn a new deal” if that is the case, because if he’s doing that and Taylor isn’t playing him, what more can he do?

I’m a little worried he’s thought “sod sitting on the bench every week watching worse players”.

2 Likes

This is a critical time for Omlett. We are going into the Xmas fixtures with everything to play for. Will he back the manager or will he just try to pull the wool over the supporters eyes with loads of soundbites and excuses. I’m very much hoping for the former but I’m very much expecting the latter given his track record. We shall see.

Perhaps its the simple case of not having a full pre season, getting match fit and upto pace.

Could you imagine doing a full pre-season and being a regular then someone comes in and takes your place who’s not fit and has not yet earned a starting berth, you would be properly pee’d off.

Excellent squad and man management by MT :clap:

3 Likes

See now that makes me feel like we are a massive club and you should be lucky to have a job at Walsall FC he’s done more than enough to earn a deal and saying things like that could make the lad think sod this they think they are something special at this place.