January Transfer Window predictions

100% was about a week after deadline day mate

1 Like

Menayense signed full time on two and a half year deal and another decent striker on loan (given I think Shade will be sent back and Wilkinson keeps picking up injuries) should be a given then.

Think another LB will be signed on loan at some point.

1 Like

Think we will get Rollin mate Clough doesnā€™t like him sure heā€™d let him go.

1 Like

Khan on an 18 month deal but as per usual we let a scout in from reading today so that wonā€™t happen heā€™s a gonna,if I were the stewards and I knew they were coming I wouldnā€™t let them in.

The lure of pork scratchings might actually work in our favour for once

1 Like

Surprised if championship club is looking at him.

Heā€™s 26 and played at this level for most of his pro career. Tranmere had him for a year and released him so would be odd pick up for Reading unless they have no money whatsoever and just taking a punt.

1 Like

Could be them looking further down the pyramid for freebies mate and possibly for financial reasons, it is frustrating that we take a punt on the bloke get him up to fitness and put the work in on the training ground etc etc then the free agent goes elsewhere when nobody else looked at him beforehand,if thereā€™s any thanks from him heā€™ll give us 18 months of his life.

1 Like

If there were medals handed out for doing that, we would be at the top

We would mate it is frustrating, Iā€™m really interested to see whatā€™s going to happen January we will probably hit form with these players so it looks as if we have enough then fade away February :joy:

1 Like

Why do we think the Reading scout was looking at Khan?

He wasnā€™t even guaranteed to play.

4 Likes

This has to be a wind up- Otis Reading?

Yeah right.

12 Likes

Wonder of j sbarra of Solihull could interest us. V similar to jack earing. Dropped out the football league to be a success in the conference. 11 goals from midfield, aged 22. Lichfield based

1 Like

Although not had alot of playing time, Khanā€™s agent would have enough to make an impressive show reel to tout about League One clubs.

Iā€™ve got no R E S P E C T for stewards who start rumours like that.

Wonder whatā€™s better sitting in the Poundland stand or sitting on the dock of the bay?

1 Like

Khan will get the best deal he can. We showed no conmittment to him in only offering a short term deal we therefore canā€™t expect any committment in return.

2 Likes

Do you ever get commitment in return
If so Rory Holden should sign until the end of his career when heā€™s fit again.

1 Like

Khan is clearly a quality player. League 1 standard I would say. Not quite sure what must have happened to leave him without a club. There will undoubtedly be other clubs interested in him. To make his signing happen we need to get rid of some of the dross of the wage bill. Bates, Perry and Shade hopefully

1 Like

I think heā€™ll stay in fairness.

I remember similar mass panic when Wes McDonald signed a similar deal when he joined and he was going to join pretty much every league 1 club going. In the end he signed 18 month deal in the January.

Most players just want to play and be valued and Khan certainly isnā€™t going to be dropped anytime soon after yesterday so Iā€™d expect him to pen an 18 month deal soon enough.

If not itā€™s just another question to lightly probe at Pomlett at the next fans forum isnā€™t itā€¦

Why, heā€™s not the first to get a long term injury and he wonā€™t be the last, it happens.

Itā€™s not exactly Holdenā€™s fault he got injured and you could argue the length of time it took to get diagnosed, and the potential long term impact any delay or mis-diagnosis may have had on his career, that the club owes Holden more than Holden owes the club.

1 Like