Josh Gordon returns

If he can find the kind of form he had last season at Barrow, then it’ll be a positive signing.

4 Likes

Not really an ambitious signing is it?

5 Likes

Delighted…. True ambition ….

He will be sadly missed by the corrie cast :laughing:

7 Likes

One of the leading strikers in the league last season, and run us ragged at there place , having said that it depends on which “flash” we get .

1 Like

Hmm a very 50/50 one. I was happy when he left, he had one good year since, one poor year since, and has struggled this season. I’m also not sure striker is where we need reinforcements with Matt, Johnson, Oteh and James-Taylor unless it’s to seriously strengthen us or he plans on freezing Johnson out again.

1 Like

Welcome back Flash, always enjoyed his performances in his first spell, hopefully he can add more goals this time around too.

0 in 18 last year

Not sure why we’re signing squad players when only recently Sadler started playing 2 up front

4 Likes

Josh Gordon: Walsall sign Burton Albion striker on loan for rest of season - BBC Sport

I was pleased when he left as I was disappointed with the “end product”, plenty of endeavour but few goals. Having said that I think he will compliment this squad, will press, force errors and create chances. He may even bag a few goals. Very pleased this is a loan signing as I wouldn’t want him back permanently.

2 Likes

Love the guy, got a bad rap for being part of a truly awful team but always seemed to give a shit and there’s definitely a player there.
Understand the tepid reaction, but at least he’s a known quantity and one that will push from the front for 90mins for the Front Foot Football ™.

Great loan, IMO

10 Likes

Last season

Back then I think every challenge resulting in a foul even yellow card was borne out of frustration at the overall state of things at the time
If we are on the up at the moment and can provide the service I think/hope we’ll see his better side

He scored 15 league goals for Barrow last season.

1 Like

As I’ve said, if we get that Josh Gordon I can’t see the problem.
Time will tell

1 Like

I think he fits the mold of how Sadler wants to play so hopefully will prove to be a good signing - especially as it is a loan.

Hiss continual fouling was frustrating previously which i hope he has removed from his game without diminishing his continual pressing.

Always liked him, think it’s a good fit for this team and a decent loan signing considering some January loan strikers we have had in the past. Hope it works out!

4 Likes

Wasn’t good enough first time round, strange signing for me .

3 Likes

Imo, very underwhelming! If he does as well as he did for Barrow, I’ll be happy to retract my words…but I’m not holding my breath.

2 Likes

I don’t mind this. But please, please let it be the last loan striker we sign for half a season or whatever. I want a permanent striker in the summer.

1 Like