Joss Labadie Signing

Jesus we really are competing then :flushed:

2 Likes

ā€‹Iā€™m very happy with this signing. I wondered who is gonna play behind attacking midfielders and this is good. And skipper material too, so why shouldnā€™t I be happy.

Get Holden firing and that midfield could be a little tasty.

Thatā€™s the captain signed imo.
Very happy

1 Like
3 Likes

Tough tackling, over 6ft, can head the ball, scores goals, drives forward from midfield - reminds me of Guthrie (not). Everything our midfield wasnā€™t last season.
Wow, great signing. Not sure what it means for Bates and Kinsella? Kinsella may have revert to right back. Bates may have to watch and learn and wait.
More positive comments about Matt Taylor. I think there will be a few clubs more than a little surprised at our 2 signings to date.

Newport announced his leaving yesterday, saying he was joining another club.

4 Likes

Just looked at the Newport twitter and lots gutted heā€™s leaving

I thought that was Mike Tysonā€¦:grinning:

Wasnā€™t Chambers about 30 or 31 when he turned up here. Hopefully this can be similar sort of signing even if heā€™s not quite a DM. Will obviously be the captain and hopefully can be goalscoring box to box midfielder, 5 goals in league 2 last season so not amazing but better than what anyone currently at the club can produce.

3 Likes

Any side serious about promotion needs more than 11 players in a squad.

Bates has lost his way a bit but Iā€™d like to see what he can do under manager who can actually coach and improve players which Taylor and McDonald should be so wouldnā€™t right him off.

Taylor could go with Kinsella and Labadie as sitting two but personally hope Perry has a really good pre season and makes himself undroppable.

1 Like

Evander Holyfield wouldnā€™t want to box him!

Got banned for one incidentā€¦and then investigated for another a year later. Didnā€™t do Suarez any harm in the long run:

1 Like

I truly hope though this doesnā€™t know perry down. Our 2nd most technical player after Holden . Should defo start in midfield labadie and perry .both over 6ft to gonna be a tall team :confused:

1 Like

Iā€™m more impressed weā€™re offering 2 year deals and showing commitment and weā€™re not signing players 3 days before the new season kicks off scrabbling after players nobody else wants. This feels really different at long last. Very happy so far

7 Likes

Featured in over 100 games for Newport since signing in 2016. Two play off finals for them in last three seasons.

Great signing. Iā€™d have very much thought that Taylor and Fullerton can clearly see what me and Thanatos have been saying for some time - no team with Kinsella as a midfielder is going to be near promotion. Useful squad player, nothing more. Now we have someone with height, presence and some attacking intent. Excellent!

8 Likes

You have to have height in this division, or an exceptionally gifted small player. Perry, Ladabie, Osadebe, Wilkinsonā€¦thatā€™s formidable.

4 Likes

If this lot get bullied by anyone it would be a suprise. Add a sprinkling of creativity and we could seriously dominate teams on paper

2 Likes

Holden, in particular, will offer that. Osadebe can make things happen as well. And it sounds like wilkinson can create something out of nothing on occasions. On paper, itā€™s looking good.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s two out of two Iā€™m happy with. Fair play.

Hopefully heā€™s learned his lesson now,maybe he should wear a muzzleā€¦:grinning:

1 Like