Joss Labadie Signing

I’d be very surprised if we signed another midfielder now.

Hopefully equally good signings at centre half, left back, winger and another striker.

1 Like

2 signings in previous years we would never have made. In hinds sight, looks like Pomlett may have played a blinder in getting us through the pandemic seeing as though we’re now taking our division rivals’ best players. Think we’m gewin up lads.

10 Likes

Good solid signing… early to judge but I think Fullarton, Taylor and Mcdonald seem to be a good fit for players looking for a new club . Our management team could also be of great help in regards to keeping hold of our better players for a bit longer . And maybe getting the likes of Holden to sign new contracts.

1 Like

Atleast he’s got abit of bite to him, unlike some of the players we had last season :smirk:

I told you things would be different this season, Ladabie is an excellent signing and exactly the type of player this club needs. I agree with other posters about him being made captain.
If any of you have had doubts about MT’s ability to to bring in quality players, these two signings are an indication of where we are headed.
I’m sure Jamie and Neil have done their part in securing these deals, but Matt Taylor is a huge draw for our club he’s the big name that will attract the quality we need here.
Two down, seven or eight more needed.
Exciting times ahead!

5 Likes

Certainly think our wage cap has been increased slightly by the looks of it . So fair play mr Pomlett . Got a feeling we are all hopefully going to enjoy this coming season and about time too UTS

3 Likes

Big loss for us - could play in any L2 midfield, granted not everyone’s cup of tea. Lives up that way apparently and was offered a longer contract.
Loving it stealing players from other clubs that they actually want.

// WE ARE EXILES / UNOFFICIAL NEWPORT COUNTY AFC FORUMS // • View topic - Labadie Gone

Let’s hope he turns out to be an excellent signing rather than a “badie”

Good signing hopefully kinsella moved permanently to right back. As we will never be competitive with him playing in midfield. Looks like were building a team long way to go yet me thinks.

Now to raise season ticket money

1 Like

This again is another solid signing for me. He will bring leadership at this level, experience and gets stuck in. I am impressed with the first two signings. Known players at lower league levels that can deliver…

I’m not sure, Labadie was only on £1100 a week at Newport compared to Guthrie and Sinclair who were on £4000 a week combined and them pair could only play once a month.

Just about spending wiser, bringing in League 2 quality over signing your mates and unproven players, like what Clarke did.

3 Likes

I agree, I had my doubts about d of F but it’s looking great so far. Welcome Joss.

What an excellent signing. This is more like, signing proven players at this level who are good enough to compete at the right end of it.

Great to see again that the player is talking about Taylor, looks like he brings the pulling power.

4 Likes

“I had a meeting with Matt and it was really productive, really positive and the prospect of playing under him with his ideas and philosophy was very attractive.”

I want a conversation with Matt, I could do with some inspiration / motivation :laughing:

I can’t wait to see who arrives next.

4 Likes

Because you are a saddler.

1 Like

Really really pleased with the first 2 recruits,now this shows intent in my eyes and credit to the management team and chairman for getting these two deals done.

Love it. Think they meant “bigger pull than that t*** Clarke”

1 Like

We get Joss Labadie…they get Cameron Norman. :rofl:

I wonder if Plymouth have got a decent left-back or centre-forward that fancies joining the revolution?

4 Likes

If these two are the standard of signings the new regime are making then we can’t ask for much more realistically.

1 Like