Keates sacked

But that needs to start at the very top , ■■■■ off Bonser , SELL UP AND ■■■■ OFF

1 Like

Sell to who???

I’m totally convinced if the" WHOLE" club were up for sale someone would come in for us

I bet Wrexham fans will feeling pleased with themselves round about now…:grinning:

2 Likes

Don’t want to disagree RedandWhite but based on what and who??

Look at clubs that have recently become available like Blackpool , Port vale , people have come in straight away making bids ( showing interest ) I’m not trying to cause an argument @Coop63 either i’m just trying to get our club back on track , and I believe that is with Bonser selling up and ■■■■■■■ off

Like most of us, Bonser selling up and leaving us under new ownership is what many of us want so I think we completely agree on that score…

The reality is Jeff has it nicely structured so that a potential suitor/purchaser will have to pay way over what it’s actually worth because of his very special rental arrangement and as I’ve said many times previously, folk with money usually have it because they are astute and sensible and there lies our difficulty…

I’m afraid it’s going to take a ridiculous offer to unseat JB and I just don’t think that’s going to happen to us…

2 Likes

Port Vale are in final decisions now aren’t they so it’s not just a phantom or speculative bid, this Burslem based business seems genuine in wanting the club and they’re bidding for the ground aswell.

Is Vale a more attractive proposition given it’s still 20 more places down the league pyramid?

As others have said to outsiders the club looks like it’s in a straightjacket. Find some pennies down the back of the sofa to make a bid for the club and you’ve still got all the ground issues to sort out. I agree if it was just put on the market as one whole sale there would be some interest but that’s not going to happen anytime soon.

Just listening before the game and plenty of local businesses sponsoring different aspects of the matchday although of course it’s a giant leap forward to want to own the club.

1 Like

But even they won’t be back next year if (when) we go down

Feel really sad for Keates, but after today it could go no other way.

Wonder if Darren Moore fancies a job for a month?

With respect HQ, investing a few grand (even 20 or 30k) for a sponsorship agreement for a season is one thing, but spending what will no doubt be £12-14m on the club and ground/infrastructure is a completely different issue.

I’m not saying there are no other options out there but for me, the logical solution may be Homeserve because they are a cash rich business, based in Walsall with a very wealthy owner - the question is, would he be prepared to dish out serious money for it?

1 Like

Zeli off for norman was the last nail in the coffin I’m afraid

8 Likes

You would need to be very rich indeed to pay £12-£14m for Walsall,you would need to be in a position where you could afford to lose all of it and still keep pumping money in to subsidise the 4,000 + attendances. Or if they couldn’t afford to lose the money,they would need to put the rent up to get some money back.

How did Mark enjoy the day Gav? Apart from the result of course…:grinning:

Because the damage was already done. I’d have thought that was obvious :man_shrugging:t3:

The reason it won’t make any difference long term is because there are fundamental problems with this football club.

Sick burn though bro

Thank goodness he’s gone. It’s hard to fathom just how dire he’s been as a manager and just how far the club has fallen in 12 months.

Just over 12 months ago, a manager was hounded out of the club after getting 44 points from our first 37 games. He’d also taken 25 points from the last 20 games.

Fast forward a year and we have a manager who has managed just 42 points from 4 more games and, incredibly, just 9 points from the last 20 games.

Wow. If ever there was a case of “be careful what you wish for”, this was it. Get rid of the “useless” manager because he was toxic, bring in the club legend and all will be well. Doh! Now we’re heading for the fourth division and we’d better hope the next appointment is a good one because if the club get another like Keates, we’re heading straight for the conference.

4 Likes

Mark loved every minute and was mascot with pride and passion pity the team did not follow his example.

7 Likes

To be fair Sid, It would be highly unlikely any purchaser would get any sort of return… we simply don’t generate enough revenue for this to happen…

A wealthy owner would need to do it for reasons other than financial and that’s what Jeff knows only too well…

1 Like

I feel sure that if someone with ambition was to buy the club and actually bring in players of some class and pay them accordingly to make sure they wanted to play for us and not just be looking to move on from us as soon as someone waves a cheque book at them that the fans would start to come and support the club , and we could double , quadruple the gates at the very least

I’ve been so so disappointed for years the way we have been ticking over , but hey it’s Walsall thats’s all they ever do , and all they’ve ever done … THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE

2 Likes

They are on Twitter