Keates sacked

Sad but inevitable.

Correct yourself ripleysaddler, it’s his club remember!

We as fans mean nothing to him…

1 Like

What about Peter Hart - he went to the church after football and is now a man of the cloth…

Maybe some divine intervention will help us?

2 Likes

Despite what the experts say, alcohol is good in situations such as this :smile:

I imagine there will be a few of us imbibing excessively this evening (a good excuse).

Worsul4eva will be on the Frosty Jacks by now.

The best use of words this week Belphegor…

Imbibing excessively indeed…

Pack it in now… :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t know about man of the cloth, but I imagine there will be plenty of touching cloth for our fans before the end of the season

3 Likes

Maybe Peter could exorcise us of JB and free us of this eternal damnation of his ownership

1 Like

Well, Ned Kelly was supposed to be amongst the former players today. Didn’t see him so maybe Jeff has got him locked up somewhere until Monday…

Please, no one with a previous connection to the club. I don’t understand the fetish the club has for former players.

3 Likes

It’s not just us. I read something a couple of months ago saying that the lower down the pyramid you go, the more likely ex players end up managing the club

1 Like

Well, there are season tickets to sell!

Seriously, I can only think that we’ll get someone who’s desperate or foreign (no, not Jorge).

Needed to go earlier. I have felt we’ve been relegated since the Wimbledon Home game because Keates was allowed to stay after the January shambles.

Given he didn’t go when he should have, I’m surprised we are taking the financial hit now.

His tenure was an absolute mess. As a manager I can’t decide whether he ranks amongst the absolute stinking worst (Barnwell and Sibley) or those those that were just really really bad (Hutchings, Merson, Whitney territory).

Such a shame. Local lad, great playing career, some fantastic memories from those times. But it was obvious from the moment it begun to unravel in October/November that he just wasn’t up to it. He was actually nowhere near up to it. Sad.

4 Likes

We were absolutely terrible today.

On a human level I think he is a good man, and he was a club hero, but hopelessly out of his depth as a manager.

3 Likes

El Nombre now says Keates should have been sacked after Cov. Which yes he should, but then qualifies that by saying it wouldnt have made any difference.

I don’t have anything more to say other than that is my nomination, from 1997 onwards for the most ridiculous post on UTS EVER. Doubtless El (argument with himself in a padded cell) Nombre will have loads to add.

3 Likes

He looked out of his depth since his first day. Understandable to start with due to the step up in divisions but the hoped for improvements never materialised. I’m sure someone will work out the points/game soon but I don’t hold out much hope for his ranking.

When has anyone ever heard that fella argue?
In a phone box with no money perhaps?

Very sorry for Keates, always will be a hero in my eyes for THAT goal at Swindon but his passing was inevitable. Sorry son, great as a player but out of your depth as a manager…might be unemployed for a while methinks…sad really, but he has relegated us, without doubt.

3 Likes

I spotted somewhere on Twitter (SaddlersStats, perhaps?) that his League tenure was a perfectly symmetrical: 50 games, 50 points, 50 goals (for, not against, I hasten to add- there’s a stat we can all live without seeing).

Relegation form at any club, at any level, in any season.

Kevan Broadhurst!

Keates had to go but will always be a club legend. The same cannot be said for those in charge of the club on a daily basis. Bonser simply has to go forth and multiply as soon as possible.

Kevan Broadhurst’s win history of 9.09% in 11 games makes Keatsey’s look like Pep Guardialoa’s stats with 30.77% win ration over 52 games