Key signing for next season?

Wow, let the fisticuffs begin!

I’d of seriously taken him.

1 Like

Dan Scarr is a decent L2 centre back, again struggling with poor footballers around him.

When he is asked to head it, block it, and kick it he’s fine. As mentioned above we can remove the silly giving the ball away by giving him someone to pass too. When a CB gets the ball in our team everyone stands bloody still.

1 Like

TFFT :grin:

1 Like

Me neither in truth mate :rofl: but you can only go on what these apps calculate you’d like to think they are not far away at the very least.

All these stats do my head in…don;t believe any player makes less than one tackle per game.

And as for expected goals …wtf.

Just further square pegs in round holes.

Really can’t be that difficult to pick Players in their designated positions.

Why can’t it be done?!

1 Like

He wouldn’t wave to the fans. Got what he deserved.

2 Likes

I don’t know how you make these statements. Vincent is absolutely crap!. He wasn’t good enough for scunthorpe for a reason. Likewise Melbourne not impressed and yaw. What can you say

And I’m not sure how you can make these type of statements.

How has Melbourne not impressed?

What has Vincent done wrong for you to label him “absolutely crap”?

And Osei has had like 10 minutes of game time, so no one can even make a judgement on him yet :rofl:

I can’t see Dan Scarr being here next season. He has plenty of options.

Unpopular opinion but I would keep Caolan Lavery next season. Good honest hard working pro, who with a run of games should score goals and provide good competition in this league. I fear we could do a lot worse.

3 Likes

Penny seems to have dropped the last couple of games thought his work rate was excellent last match and 2 goals in 2 games can’t exactly fault that can you.

1 Like

But two of the most unlikely goals you are ever going to see :grin:

3 Likes

:rofl: True true but you gotta be in it to win it I guess.

1 Like

Have we offered him a new deal and has he turned it down and wants away ?

I don’t know. What I do know is that there is strong interest from 2-3 League One sides.

That’s him gone then.

Surprised so many want to keep him to be honest. He looks like a better defender than he actually is, and if we want a better style of play then he won’t fit into it.

3 Likes

Roberts, Scarr, Norman, Gordon, Wes, Clarke will all find other league clubs should they leave at the end of the season.

White, Sinclair, Lavery, CCM, Nolan will struggle and probably end up playing non-league.
Personally I would keep Roberts, Scarr, Norman, Gordon, Wes, and Nolan, which leaves us looking for another centre back (someone like Jules) a left back (not Melbourne) and a forward just as a starting point.

Really think we need an experienced Director of Football working alongside Dutton. Someone who can scout for players (now), co-ordinate across all the teams in the club leaving Dutts to concentrate on the 1st team, and offer Dutts advice.

We need to be planning recruitment targets between now and the end of the season, not leave it until the retained lists are released.

2 Likes

The irony of jumping on X player and saying things like “it will never work with him in the team” is you could say that for any footballer, highlighting their weaknesses, in this squad. There’s nobody in this squad that is vital. You could pick weaknesses in all of them.

Even Holden. Great technician, but lightweight and gets bullied some times.

There’s not a single player in this squad I’d be gutted to lose. They’ve already gone :man_shrugging:

1 Like