Kieran Phillips recalled from loan

Don’t worry. Whilst we panic JF is relaxed, because he’s two steps ahead of the game.

2 Likes

We already know the answer to that, we try Wilkinson up front for the 8th t8me of asking where he will be dogshit.

3 Likes

At the risk of trying to make the club look better than it is, with absolutely no proof whatsoever, I’D LIKE TO THINK that we’ve at least communicated with Huddersfield and said “look, this lad isn’t getting game time, isn’t going to get game time, why don’t you call him back and both parties win”.

If that wasn’t the case it’s a strange time for them to recall him, why not do it first week of the window? They gave him a new contract why not recall him then?

Quite why we’ve waited that long if it is the case would be a mystery, however either way, a player that wasn’t good enough has gone back and hopefully, hopefully, we can get someone better.

4 Likes

Shush, thats sacrilege. Don’t you know wide players can just play up front? They don’t need any different skills to perform there whatsoever.

It’s Matt Taylor just being stubborn.

An absolute minimum of four incomings required for us to only be competitive in my opinion. This squad is beyond poor.

1 Like

The issue I have with the timing is it is the day before a game. So whilst he wouldn’t have been a starter, he would have been an option (leave aside how effective) from the bench. We therefore go into tomorrow with effectively Shade as our only attacking choice I think, and he should have been sent back to his parent club before Phillips.

It seems the club think we can just let’s games and points pass us by whilst we look to fix the problems that have been glaring us in the faces since season start.

Just smacks of gross incompetence to me.

5 Likes

Didn’t Taylor say we wouldn’t be losing loanees a while back?

We need 3 before the window shuts, we’ll be lucky if we get 1. Hate to think what happens when Wilkinsons hamstring goes again!

1 Like

We can watch Shade run down blind alleys

1 Like

Can’t agree more with that. Whilst I hope the club have instigated it, as I said about the timing it doesn’t make sense from either parties perspective.

1 Like

Phillips just signed a new contract, perhaps he’ll be shipped out again to a club at a higher level or doing a bit better in our league.

2 Likes

That’s the news for when we sign a striker :joy:

Only 5 days ago Leigh told us the aim is still promotion this season! :joy:

My take on this is Huddersfield unhappy with his treatment at Walsall. 2 minutes game time on Tuesday sums it up. MT never seemed to know how to use him once we signed Miller. He never tried Phillips & Miller as twin strikers. Just another example of haphazard squad building. I wish him well & expect him to prove us wrong

4 Likes

If Pomlett told me it was raining outside I would go and check.

3 Likes

So our only attacking options now are… Kiernan, Miller, Osadebe, Wilkinson and Shade? Is that right ?

Jesus Christ.

Have faith, we’ve hopefully got at least one lined up as a replacement.

Strange timing tho for Hudds to call him back, assume they’ve sorted another loan for him somewhere and don’t want him getting injured.

Still, I simply don’t believe all this is conjusive to us bringing in players that will offer anything in the short and medium term. Seems we’ll be scrabbling around with the begging bowl on Monday.

2 Likes

Thought all these loans where until the end of the season

And Willock. I know on the OS he’s listed as a midfielder, but in the 2 sub appearances he’s made he came on up front.

With Phillips gone he goes up a place in the pecking order.

I mean…. Including him as well… it’s not exactly having a right go is it ?

3 attacking players needed before Monday.

1 Like

All setup for the close of transfer deadline day, after we haven’t signed anyone, for the club to come out hailing it a success that Rushworth, Miller and Shade haven’t been recalled.

Now think about that and tell me you wouldn’t put that past the ability of the club to put out on social media :see_no_evil: