Kieran Phillips recalled from loan

As it stands that’s a huge blow to a depleted squad, he’s done no worst than most!

4 Likes

Fair comment he’s not been good but not many have

1 Like

We are only going to sign 1 more player… all these people saying we need 3 minimum I agree but it ain’t gonna happen,

Khan
Taylor
Phillips
Out the door

Ward - possible career finished
Holden - see above

We have lost 5 players and brought in 2… we needed strengthening before we lost those players…

Seems like we are giving it a right good go

5 Likes

If anyone is driving any where near Leicester can they give Shade a lift back home as well please?

7 Likes

It’s a bit dirty of Huddersfield to leave his recall so late, though maybe the player wanted to move back & has instigated this himself. He’d have a bit more wriggle room now that he’s extended his contract.

1 Like

My guess is they send him elsewhere to play more.

3 Likes

So, this squad strengthening is going really well, isn’t it???

Another glowing case study for how loan players develop and fulfil their potential at Walsall FC…

2 Likes

Fullarton out.

2 Likes

I have a lot of sympathy for Phillips. Played out of position or occasionally as a lone striker, often as a sub, never played as a striker in a partnership with Miller (or anyone else). He is young and learning his trade and is obviously highly rated (as a striker) by Huddersfield so he must have something. He showed some glimpses (that one goal where he ran half the field and burst through their defence, can’t remember who it was against) but virtually impossible for him to show any consistency with the way he has been managed.

WTF is Fullarton doing? Dubious and unbalanced squad building in the summer, his assurances that he had players ready to come in this month (especially if anyone left) and assurances from him and LP that he had established all of the systems and structures needed to ensure we would be in a strong position to get the “right” players in. I’ve said before I can’t remember a January where we came out of the transfer window stronger than when we went into it (and usually considerably weaker) yet here we are couple of days before the window closes with players leaving and very little sign of the type of players we need coming in. It’s just a repeat of every January since the year dot. As someone else above said we desperately needed strengthening before players started leaving so where the :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: does that leave us now :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Our attacking options are pitiful. I would have been much happier with Shade going back than Phillips, he has shown virtually nothing apart from the goal at Sutton. Anyone able to pass on Osei-Yaw’s number to Fullarton? :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

8 Likes

Let’s be fair, the player has to be good too. He’s played in every single league game, and a few cup games, in a variety of positions and looked awful to average.

Huddersfield probably saw the miller miss trending on sky sports and thought our lad is better than that, let’s pull him out.
They then probably had a very uncomfortable conversation with our joke of a DOF and the plan to recall was sealed.

2 Likes

I personally thought he was okay as a squad option and certainly an upgrade on Shade. The goal against Salford showed that he has ability, but he couldn’t replicate that on anywhere near a consistent basis.

The main point though is that we have to now replace another player and we only have 3 days to do so!

I’d like to think most of us know a “player” when we see him perform on the pitch. Phillips doesn’t tick the boxes for me and has never really shown himself to have the right to be selected.
Having said that he was 100% better than Shade who wouldn’t get in a pub team. He should have been sent back and replaced on New Years Day.
As others have said where’s the value of the DOF? Flitcroft seems to be able to produce loans!!

1 Like

He didn’t exactly pull up any trees admittedly, but we’re now left with the worst attack I think I’ve seen us have, including last year. At least technically we won’t concede many now we’ve signed defenders, it’s Dutton ball all over again… if anyone scores against us they’re guaranteed a draw
:sweat_smile: :joy:

This has turned out to be the most bizarre and disappointing signing of the season for me.

I know a little of Phillips and have seen him score 4 in 2 games (hat trick in one) for Huddersfield reserves playing as a striker in a front 3.

When we announced that we’d acquired him on loan I was excited in the acquisition and on one of the threads, stated that I thought he would surprise us and probably get 10 to 15 goals.

I’d love to know if he understood, when the loan was agreed, that he would be playing wide right in a 4231. If he did, then his representative should have found another club for him.

It is the right decision for the player to end his loan and I hope that he now finds a club that will aid his development in line with his preferred position.

4 Likes

You’ve been saying we need a miracle

1 Like

I highly suspect they were not too interested in him playing on the wing.

Looked good in flashes loved his goal against Salford but struggles too consistently.

Absolutely spot on Belgian :+1:t3:

He will get more out of playing for their reserves than sitting on the bench.

Huddersfield clearly rate him, I can’t help but think we’ve Mia managed his talent.