Kieran Phillips recalled from loan

Been saying it all season, couldn’t direct traffic, full of shit, needed another forward all season and we have 2 leave and another out for the season now, so where are his plans that he as in place, IT’S ALL BS, fook him off, Fail’s get’s 7 in, we are minus 1 at least

1 Like

But like I said, that’s what he was used as. I don’t think Huddersfield can be too disappointed, looking at the player and the game time he was given. As for the quality of the player, his truly dreadful performances sometimes flew under the radar because, to be brutally honest, he hid for most of his career here. Yes he scored a nice goal against Salford but I never saw him take a game on, and even in that game he was brought off after being completely ineffective for the rest of it. I can forgive a lot if you try hard and put yourself around, but if you don’t you need to have a serious amount of quality to make up for it. He didn’t.

Although I agree the timing is rough for us.

But if our budget is the same as previous years when we signed the likes of Osei Yaw, how on earth is Fullerton going to make a differnce?

He might be good, but how’s he going to change £200 a week in to £2000 a week?

Why have him then :man_shrugging:

He was given chances as a striker, and was even worse than he was on the wing. I don’t know why people keep ignoring that when banging on about this position thing.

Jesus, any criticism of Phillips is madness… it’s his first year in senior football!

Blame the club for their ridiculous recruitment, fair play to him for jumping ship I’m sure he hasn’t enjoyed it truth be known.

4 Likes

If the seasoned pros where doing there job properly, then there would be no issue with having Phillips has a squad player. With our budget your going to use unproven rookies to fill the squad out.

1 Like

:100: agree, he’s a squad filler and needed time to develop. Unfairly criticised for not banging in the goals!

Not really, getting yourself involved is a minimum requirement to be honest.

Weren’t you banging on about Shade recently? Also a first year pro.

He did that in many games, he just wasn’t quite at the required level… not his fault

Did he? I thought he went missing almost immediately in a lot of games and had no bearing on them whatsoever. Even in games he scored goals that was literally his only contribution.

I’m not for a minute suggesting he was intentionally poor, but he was poor non the less.

1 Like

We have less than when the window started Jamie needs to pull a few rabbits out the hat.

Where did I say he wasn’t poor? I said he wasn’t ready.

Poor recruitment

Poor in comparison to who, Miller? Wilkinson? Kiernan?

You could easily say that about those too in most games they have played this season.
It must be hard for any forward of any ability in this team when we don’t seem keep the ball long enough to get it to the final third for them to get involved that much?

2 Likes

I think Phillips will go on to be very successful in League 1 at least . Has all the attributes but confidence seemed to drain out of him the longer he was here .

4 Likes

I didn’t say you did, I was responding to you saying not his fault.

Did I say he’s the only poor player we’ve had? Obviously not. If you want me to compare to other players, Miller, if he hustled and effected the opposition even a fraction of what Miller does I might rate him. Wilkinson has scored the same amount of league goals with less minutes and multiple injuries, and Phillips quite clearly has nowhere near that level of ability. Kiernan, see Miller, effects the opposition way more than Phillips does

No you couldn’t. Not Miller and Kiernan. You’re just concentrating on goal numbers and not actually judging what the player contributes (so doing exactly what I said).

Maybe players would be able to get the ball forward more often if players like Phillips didn’t constantly look like they are marking the other teams defenders.

1 Like

Personally think either Phillips had had enough not playing where he wants to play i.e centre forward and asked for a recall to go out somewhere else , or Huddersfield had had enough of us playing him out of the position they want him playing in .

If we could of seen him play more games as a striker rather than a winger we may of seen a better player , but played as a winger it was a waste of a loan as basically he was shit there .

PS Shade should be next .

2 Likes

Jesus Christ 🤦

Some loans just don’t work. That’s life. I wish him luck. One setback still can be turned into a good career. Can be said too, homesickness has many faces.