Kory Roberts - Does DC rate him?

And then get great results as those players have all generally improved ?

:cowboy_hat_face:

I mean, if you base their improvements entirely on press statements (like contract and transfer threats that he was also doing all the way through October to no luck at all) then sure!

He had a very serious injury from which few players ever mange to return to their best.

Criticism of the management is just stupid.

4 Likes

He broke his leg. There’s literally thousands of players that have come back from that. Andre Gomes played the weekend after having his ankle turned the wrong way.

Are you comparing the medical care of Everton to us ?

No I’m comparing the bodies ability to heal.

Well you’re a bit daft then.

Kory had compound fractures to the tibia and fibula, whilst Gomes had a fracture dislocation of the ankle.

Two very different injuries, and Id say that Kory’s was much worse.

But you are basically wrong. Of course these two players won’t recover and play to the same standard in the same time.

1 Like

Yes because that is what I claimed…

Kory has been out 3 times the length Gomes has but that wasn’t my point anyway. It was that players can come back and perform after horrific injuries so we can argue which is worse all you want, the fact is that players have and will continue to come back from SIMILAR injuries.

I’ve never once argued that Roberts didn’t have a bad injury, but this nonsense about writing him off because of it is exactly that, nonsense.

You’re not a medical man, are you?

You know… sometimes injuries are actually quite bad? There is also the psychological side of dealing with a serious injury, and then playing again.

3 Likes

And this is the point where I bow out of the discussion with you, as it’s clear you can’t debate without this sarcastic nonsense.

have a nice day :slight_smile:

In other words, you have realised you’re wrong, and you’re running off.

Adios :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Wow that’s some reply , the kid clearly hasn’t been the same. Some brakes are more serious than others, some bodies heal better than others.

A good number of players over the years have failed to return breaks. Comparing him to a premier league player who probably got fixed up by a leading surgeon, with the best rehabilitation that money can buy would not be fair.

1 Like

Exactly. And this isn’t trolling on my part - just trying to provide an accurate and realistic picture of someone who has suffered both physically and mentally.

How can we say that without seeing him in a game situation? Like I said, the one game I have seen him in, Chelsea kids (which to be fair is his age range) he looked absolutely fine.

And a good number of players have come back from breaks too. That’s why we should give him the chance. I’m not dulling his injury down for a moment and the reason he has been out for so long is probably exactly what you say, resources. That doesn’t mean he can’t come back from it at all.

Is it because he’s not hitting the required standard in training or reserve games, Tone? :thinking:

1 Like

:man_shrugging: I can’t agree/disagree with Clarke assessment of his training, I can only base it on what I see.

So you think you have an equal opinion to someone who is seeing him day in/ day out at training?

Like I say he was poor against Chasetown, I can’t imagine that fills DC with to much confidence.

Maybe a pre season will do the trick.

Maybe so. Or more game time between now and the end of the season to make that decision.

DC sees the potential Kory, hence the lighting of the fire under him. Maybe he will respond to that kind of stimuli. I hope so.

2 Likes