L 1-0 vs Bristol Rovers (A) - League Two - Sat 29th Jan, 3pm

Thanks AWT. I’ve been there many times and usually just paid on the gate, but wanted to double check. I’m sure I’ll get in!

I’ve earmarked the drapers arms as an away pub according to that website away days it is one so I’ll be in there having a few accompanied with some lunch.Setting off at half 10 might have a wee wee break en route.

Have been in the Drapers. It’s a micropub with a good range of real ales so right up my street. It’s not a Carling/Stella sort of place though and is fairly small.

Although the Drapers is closest to the ground, it is slightly past it coming in along Gloucester Road from the M5 - so if you park up alongside the common (easier to get away afterwards) the Wellington might be more convenient as it’s on your way to the ground. That’s more of a regular pub doing food and that - and it’s part of the the St Austell brewery pub estate so does do real ale too.

1 Like

Cheers mate where’s this common you speak of? I’ll head that way then sounds like I’ll be better off doing what you’ve suggested.

You will pass it as you approach the ground - if you get off the M5 at J16 and follow the Gloucester Road (A38). As you reach the Crafty Cow pub, the common (more of a grass verge on steroids to be honest :rofl:) is on the right. It goes all the way up to the Wellington and the traffic light controlled junction with Muller Road. The entrance to the ground is on Filton Avenue which forms a triangle with the other 2.

If you can’t park on Gloucester Road itself, you usually have more joy with street parking over to your right than the left (more tightly packed residential street, all with lots of cars and no garages).

1 Like

Cheers for all that mate I’m looking forward to this one fingers crossed we play well like Tuesday but get a better result.

1 Like

Really hope so Scoobs, give 'em a shout for me!
Feeling a little better about our immediate future all of a sudden, really like the look of this Rodney fella…and we’ve paid money for him!

2 Likes

Still can’t be bothered to go tomorrow. Although it would be good to meet @Scooby2167 just so disillusioned with the board, rent, shit etc…

1 Like

One day we can meet up for a pint or whatever your tipple is mate I’d absolutely love too.And I’m no betting man but if I was I’d bet on me having 4 and you having 2 :+1:t2:LUMP ON!

1 Like

I’ll sing a few songs for you mate and I totally understand why you aren’t going.The only reason I’m going is because we fancied doing something this weekend instead of sitting around all Saturday afternoon and surely we are due a win right?:joy:

1 Like

Last time we went to a game in Bristol we had a fantastic day and lost 8-2 :joy: but we had the most amazing time in Bath :wink:

I’m intrigued now who had the most amazing time in a bath? Hope it wasn’t you getting the soap :joy:.Only joking of course I’ve never been to the Bristol Rovers ground mate I’m hoping I don’t see an 8-2 loss.What I do hope for is a similar performance level to the last match combined with the bounce of new signings all equaling into a nice win a very long overdue one at that.

1 Like

:joy: it was Bristol City mate :wink: and if you ever get the chance to go to Bath, trust me it is absolutely gorgeous.
Modeled on the same architecture as London, the Crescent being one of Baths features

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well we should be top of the league, cus we aint won in most of 2021 :joy:

Some decent teams there tbh. Should be proud to be the same league as some of them!
Wonder if we can stay In The longest?

We lost 8-2 but were in front twice. :see_no_evil:

I got there fairly early and parked at a factory on an industrial estate over the road from the ground where they were charging £5. It was so early that the bloke on the gate hadn’t got any change for a twenty so said I could give it him after the match.

Obviously their fans were all celebrating going up after the final whistle (never mind the cricket score - and a hat-trick off their centre half for Christ’s sake) so I was first one back to get my car. The bloke was waiting and asked me what the score was.

“8-2 to City”
“Ooh you must happy then”
“I’m a Walsall fan”
“Ah! Never mind about that £5 then - you’ve suffered enough”. :joy:

5 Likes

BTW Did you chance upon the Weaving Shed down by the river in Bath? Great little cafe/restaurant.

EDIT: Before @BathSaddler points out what a numpty I am, the Weaving Shed is of course in Bradford-on-Avon not Bath. :flushed:

And they were charging £5 for a pork bap :joy: the robing bastards, the Jewish bloke next to me fatly refused to pay it :grin:
But the humour of our fans on that day was of Barry Cryer standard :joy: never have i been to a match with such a loss and enjoyed it so much