L 1-0 vs Carlisle United (A) - League Two - Sat 27th Nov, 3pm

Me neither, and that’s the bottom line. He simply does not contribute. This style of play and attacking threat relies on your number 10. No wonder we build and build then think “there’s nothing on” and make 15 passes to lump it forward. He played well against a very very poor Oldham side. Looked his level.

1 Like

There is so much space for the guy to knock the free kick back across the goal - but even so - I doubt he’ll hit such a beautifully cushioned, evenly weighted and 100% accurate pass like that again this season!

I should hope he is , basically what your saying is we are not good enough for them to let us have him for a few months , He’ll probably go out on loan to Burton Albion or something

Lovely photo

Love the toothbrush floodlights

It’s extremely unlikely that he will be going anywhere , and if he does it would be a championship club , Premier league clubs just don’t loan first team squad players to average fourth division clubs .
So yes unfortunately we probably aren’t considered good enough .

Many on here were pretty happy when he got a new deal:

Osadebe new deal - All About Walsall - UpTheSaddlers Forum

I wasn’t convinced, very much a 1 in 5 player and shouldn’t be a regular starter if you want to seriously challenge for top 7. Ultimately though everyone assumed Holden would’ve at least played some part to the season by now.

1 Like

As soon as the back 4 pass it a bit loads are shouting “get rid of it” like it’s some sort illegal move to pass it Between defenders.

They cor win either way some days.

3 Likes

Because he plays for Villa. He’s on the bench every week.

I was gutted.

It’s the same as when the ball gets to about 30 yards out, you can guarantee you will hear “shoot” and then when we shoot and it trickles to the keeper or goes 10 yards wide the same people are grumbling. Football fans are a bit daft at times.

I saw a post on a facebook page today from a Northampton fan saying how poor they’d been this season. I wish we had been that poor. To be fair other than Forest Green who seem to be a bit ahead of the rest, I don’t think there is too much between mid table and the top 3.

2 Likes

Yeah, and when was the last time a Walsall player scored a screamer :laughing:. Nothing more criminal than shooting from 40 yards. If you pull it off, get in. But its infuriating 99 percent of the time.

Port Vale fans are adamant they’ve been crap all season . They probably have been to be fair like I always say this league 2 is awful I mean seriously awful to the point 3 wins on the bounce takes a team from 12th to 3rd I think that’s why Salford are not sacking their manager they know they are capable of winning a few games similar to ourselves I actually do think at some point we’ll have a good run of results

1 Like

He’s probably not playing in his fav position and rather definitely is not a central attacking midfielder, who dictates play, but no one predicted an injury situation. And of course not MT signing.

Agreed awful standard in this league, sadly we still sit mid table. The other concern I’d we continue to fall further behind the standard that will be required if we do get back to league one.

1 Like

We was on about something like that yesterday me and a few Walsall fans we were saying imagine we do actually go up this season one way or the other ,I wouldn’t fancy any of the current team to be good enough to keep us in league 1 we’d literally have to get rid of 90% of them and start again. We were also saying how Matt Taylor is probably using us as a stepping stone which is fair enough but I do think if he could for example get us a top 7 spot this season and ultimately promoted in his first season as a manager he’s definitely gone I can see him going on to manage one of his former clubs Bolton, Sunderland, Portsmouth , Luton. If I had to bet on it I can see him going to Bolton sooner rather than later he seems a good fit for them.

What’s his best position? :rofl::rofl:

Unused substitute.

1 Like

My observation of fans being critical of a playing style, be that perceived overplaying at the back, in midfield, or up top, or lack of shots generally, is usually derived from the situation in a given match where we aren’t being successful up to that point.

The example of the potentially wasteful shot from 30/40 yards out would probably pass without comment if it occurred in the early stages of a match, whereas it would be criticised if it happened later in a match that had developed where we weren’t doing well.

I would guess that most styles of play have historically delivered promotion and the fans of those successful clubs would largely have been happy with those results. So, I think it probably follows that success is the determining figure in whether a particular style is accepted or not.

Our current intended style may be admirable, but I just don’t see us executing it with any accuracy or end product. As I’ve alluded to above, acceptance comes with effectiveness and success.

Yes, it does and after watching Osadebe in isolation for spells during the Rochdale and Harrogate games I don’t think I’ve ever seen a no 10 for any team at any level offer himself or demand the ball as little as he does.

In this system, almost all attacks should go through the no 10 at some point but very few of ours seem to, and if they do they come to nothing.

What do they call it these days, goal involvements…how many has Osadebe got this season?

1 Like

It is frustrating seeing us play it along the back line for 4 or 5 passes then launch it aimlessly towards miller who is always outnumbered .
Holden will be a huge plus if we can get him playing regularly come Xmas .
It is however at a minimum we need a left back and a good striker to either play with miller ( which would mean a change of formation) or give him a breather and fresh legs as it seems he is losing that bit of sharpness due to running his balls off every game for 90 minutes.

3 Likes