L 1-0 vs Harrogate Town (H) - League Two - Sat 11th Nov, 3pm

I’m not defending it, it was poor. I just see the same posters falling over themselves to tell us how shite it is when we lose and then when we win they’re rarely seen.

3 Likes

9 likes to one post. I’m doing OK lol. Anyway how can I block you. I find your picking on people you dont like boring and tedious

Mate, you play the system then and tweak it to get the best out of your best players.

Playing DJ up top on his own…. With Comley and Stirk playings as 10s, with Knowles doing Knowles things, and Hutch stuck trying to make stuff happen. I’m not surprised he was ineffectual.

I don’t think anyone would say that gets the best out of DJ - and that’s why it’s on Mat Sadler.

DJT was absolutely pathetic and should never play for us again. Send him on loan to Rushall.

7 Likes

I feel like I’ve wasted my time watching it at home. I’d be fuming if I’d paid and put in time and effort to go and watch that.

We are 17th in league two.

1 Like

That’s probably because we lose more than we win :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah kind of agree with that. It’s not a position I’d like to play in this side.

But if that’s all you’ve got to offer and we don’t create many clear cut chances then the argument could be into play someone wio contributes elsewhere?

Yeah the same Clough who consistently has sides in and around playoffs playing some of the best football in the division. The same coil FG who’s taken a side into the football league and out of league 1 into the championship….

No he thinks DJT is a league standard player :joy::joy:

You say that mate but we had 25 shots and 60% of possession. I’m not one to take much notice of possession stats but when it’s backed up with 25 shots on goal and hitting the post twice, the make up of the side isnt really the problem is it?

1 Like

After 40+ years I bow to your views

1 Like

Some people just keep accepting shite and making excuses for shite.We had over 20 odd shots at goal today but it never once felt like we were absolutely battering them and I’m sick of the this league is crap and anyone can beat anyone mantra we will never get out this league if you can’t beat absolute crap like that today.

7 Likes

Agreed, what on earth was Sadler thinking, he contributed nothing of note, scored against Sheppey, must be good, and he looks good in training obviously.
We lost today, at home to Harrogate, we are now 17th, let that sink in all of those out there that were happy with that display…

I don’t see any lack of endeavour. He seems to have them motivated and working hard for each other. I think he’s caught between systems and caught between personnel. He’s very slow to change things. Today, we’re one nil down five minutes to go against Harrogate and there’s zero “Hail Mary” or plan B or plan C.

If I understand our structure right, Sadler doesn’t sign players. If that’s true the gaping holes in our recruitment can’t be placed at his door. Beginning the season without a right back then doing nothing about it in August is cruel.

There’s no point potting managers every ten months. It’s costly and just leads to re-boots, calls for patience and “he’s learning” schtick.

All that said, if Alfreton dump us out of the cup then he’s probably toast and probably deserves to be toast.

3 Likes

That’s down to the manager today DJT as a lone striker, Comley as an 8, gone by xmas hopefully

2 Likes

3 shots on target.

Yeah I get that but that’s execution not approach.

Plus it’s also interpretation….Gordon’s shot off the line…the only clear cut chance of the game doesn’t go down as shot on target….

Just before the goal, Evans came over to the bench for an energy gel. Why does a keeper need that, how unfit are we :joy: Oh he dropped it too when it was thrown to him.

6 Likes

Odoh, ex 'Dale, for them, was excellent

Then why is he constantly benching one of the best executioners in the division :man_facepalming:

Today is the first time I’ve responded to you for several weeks cus I blocked you.
Today is the first time I’ve responded to worsul4eva ever probably.
So I’m not picking on anyone.
I’m surprised you’re not going to accuse me of bullying again😂

I don’t not like these people. I don’t know them. I disagree with their opinions. It’sa message board/ forum.