L 1-0 vs Leicester City (H) - FA Cup Round Four - Sat 28th Jan, 12:30pm

Being without Bennett, DJ and Monthe, we just don’t have enough to overcome a Premier side like Liecester. Even if we were at full strength the task would be very difficult.
Of course I want to see us progress to the next round but in reality, I just can’t see anything other than a comfortable win for our opponents.

Gavin Ward has been appointed Referee. Largely does his whistling in the Championship.

Is this team a new addition to the Premiership , don’t believe I’ve heard of them before … :wink:

I should have added league after the word premier, makes it sound they’re elite in the division, which they’re not.
Premieship, Championship, why not have a L1 and L2 ship as well?

Sorry @davidusa I was just having a cheap shot at your spelling of Leicester nothing more … :wink: :+1: :joy:

When you say Premiership, I presume the Liecester you refer to is of the Tigers variety?

1 Like

But they are doing even better in that league 7th I believe … :joy: Leicester that is

Yeah, was good to hear their measured and thoughtful responses - a good balance of confidence and realism in their answers. Just a shame you couldn’t tell what they were actually answering!!:joy::man_facepalming:
Surely there could have been mic to use for asking the questions!:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Classic case of head v heart

Heart says coming from behind for a gutsy and glorious 3-2 win with everybody sweating blood for the cause , wave after wave of Saddlers attacks at the Gilbert Alsop end that Leicester can’t cope with.

Head says a much more guarded performance , tight and tense . 1-0 Saddlers after nicking one first half and holding on .

Can’t see where Leicester are going to get any joy at all to be honest , it’s going to be a tough afternoon for them .

2 Likes

I’m just going to start getting drunk at half 9 and see what happens personally.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

It’ll end up with you becoming the new dancing Kev!!

3 Likes

You having a lie in?

3 Likes

Here’s an idea… dump a load of dry ice on one corner of the pitch just before the ref arrives… express concern that it’s a danger to the players on such a frozen pitch (This is worse then Barrow!!) to get the game P-P’d, we sign DJ on the 31st just before Manny misses the victory at Salford, and boom! we’ve got a stronger side to face the Foxes… beat them 2-0 on our patch… then draw that little known outfit Manchester City for the 5th round, and our man Flynn gets to chill out sippin’ a mugga coffee with his old mate Pep.

It’s written in the stars I tell ya!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Train is at 7.30 so assuming it turns up on time I’ll be starting drinking about 7.31 :grinning:

4 Likes

Worth a small bet at 8-1

What are the odds of win or draw?

8/1 walsall
1/3 Leicester
4/1 draw

1 Like

Lump on :wink: :grin:

What? That @Belgiansaddler will start drinking at 7.31? That’s a given.

I thought he did that for a 15:00 KO… He must be taking it easy tomorrow for some reason lol!