L 1-0 vs Leyton Orient (A) - League Two - Sat 17th Sept, 3pm

I fancy us for some reason. It would be very Walsall like to go and win there and their unbeaten start to the season will end sometime soon you would think.

I remember us going there about 7 or 8 years ago, after Orient won their first 7 or so, and getting a draw with 10 men. Wouldn’t surprise me if something similar happens again.

I remember that one. We should have won. They couldn’t get the ball off us, I think we had something like 65% possession.

Difficult team selection.

Williams has to partner Johnson
Knowles and Maddox should start
Bennett has to start (if fit)
Daniels and Monthe will start
I think Comley and Kinsella should start against the league leaders away from home.

Personally I prefer 3-4-1-2, but don’t know how to fit the right people in the right positions.
I think Knowles is a #10 and not a wing back, which leads me to playing 4-4-2

Evans
Bennett Clarke Daniels Monthe
Maddox Kinsella Comley Knowles
Williams Johnson

Flynn making another remark in the video just put up by the club saying that Orient’s manager has been backed and got the players in that he wanted :smile:

A massively tough fixture, as DavidUSA pointed out there are no easy games at this level but this one looks especially difficult. The Breyer Group Stadium is never an easy place to go, and given Orients start I would snap your hand off for a point.

Hope we can start with the intensity we finished the Colchester game, slow starts are becoming a trait of this team, and will continue to punish us.

Not attending this one unfortunately due to prior commitments.

Flynn needs to stop sulking now and concentrate on the players hes signed and getting them to produce results on the pitch.

Im sure it was Flynn who said a big wage budget doesn’t guarantee promotion.

4 Likes

This seems a bit of a pain once I get to Finsbury park

Bit better coming back

Once the top choices are gone.

Mr Pomlett I believe. Says it every year …

Looking at this squad i would say he has been backed very well.

Now take out the ones that can’t actually play.

He’s sure been allowed to make a lot of loan signings and free transfers out of the wilderness. I’ll give you that.

You can take them out all you want but you still need to pay them, there is easily 400k of the wage budget on the treatment table.

Maybe, maybe not. But if you’re going to say things like:

Surely you have to wait until the players he signed are out on the pitch, and not the ones he had scramble for after the fact. The ones that actually agreed to join of course …

Just feel like hes trying to take the spotlight off himself going on about other teams being backed. Just concentrate on picking a formation/tactics that work, playing 2 DM at home against a team that have lost all there away games is madness.

1 Like

“In Flynn we trust … until he does something I don’t like” it seems. Take 400K worth of the playing squad out of any side in this division and replace them with scrambled loans and so on I reckon some of the managerial decisions would look strange from the outside.

1 Like

Was planning to go to this one, but don’t really fancy being in London when it will be even busier than normal and trying to avoid the festival of mourning as much as I can.

Saw Orient play Hartlepool earlier this season and they looked very good (but then again so did we :sweat_smile:). Can’t predict anything but a loss in this one I’m afraid, but hope I’m wrong!

1 Like

Is the London overground not running? I’m sure I used it to get to Brisbane Road once. Saw Bob Mills on the platform.

1 Like

The journey planner is rubbish. Take the Northern line to Holburn then pick up the Central to Leyton. One change.

2 Likes

It is Piccadilly line to Holborn to pick up Central line

1 Like