L 1-0 vs Tranmere Rovers (A) - League 2 - Sat 7th Aug, 3pm

I think we will play 4321 against Tranmere.
Rushworth
White Taylor Monthe Ward
Labadie Perry
Wilkinson Holden Kiernan
Phillips

Subs: Rose, Kinsella, Earing, Osadebe , Mills , Leak, Menayese and Willis.

Think Holden will start @davidusa ? Iā€™ve not kept up with his injury updates last couple of weeks?

Right formation but I think oss over Holden ( injuries ) and kinsella will start over perry ( I wouldnā€™t but managers fav )
other than that I agree

1 Like

Yes but it has been so long since our last big away day. Very confident we will be backed by 1,500 plus.

1 Like

I think so too . Think we will have to sell our allocation by Wednesday though if we are to get anymore tickets.Unless You can pay on the day ?

Who knows all seems a bit secretive even though all restrictions have been lifted?

Kinsella will definitely start. Iā€™d also say that Wilkinson will play up front.

Agreed. Last seasons player of the season has to start the opener surely?!

Holden wonā€™t start and if Iā€™m honest Iā€™d rather wait 5 or 6 games to get him 100% this stop start approach isnā€™t showing him in his best light.

1 Like

I hear you gentlemen.
Holden starting was wishful thinking, if Osadebe can capture form that would be a bonus.
I know kins is an excellent tackler, I picked Perry because he attacks the ball and likes to go forward, something that MT wants in a midfielder. If Liam plays in a more attacking role, Iā€™m fine with that.

Oss has without question earned a starting place for Saturday. Earing and Holden will hopefully have their day, but right now injury has prevented them getting enough minutes pre-season and in their abscence the Oss has taken his opportunity to impress.

I would pick Perry over Liam personally.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a curve ball, Kinsella has been a lot better than Ladabie in pre season. So Why not Perry and Kinsella, if weā€™re talking about earning a place.

The Oss has looked okay over preseason but still lots that frustrates me with him. Had a chance the weekend and tried to use the outside of his foot to do a spectacular. Keep it simple and hit the target. Then there was 2/3 times players made runs and was on the overlap with plenty of space and he tried to play it through the eye of a needle. He needs to do the simple stuff right before trying all the fancy stuff for me. Ward burst forward and was screaming for the ball Saturday and he didnā€™t play himā€¦. How long until players start getting frustrated with making these bursting runs and not being played in.

1 Like

Spot on Geords Iā€™d be as brave as to say standout(compared to others)pre season from him Iā€™m liking the fact heā€™s having a pop from outside the box weā€™ve already seen examples of them Iā€™m sticking my neck out and saying Oss will get 10 this season.

1 Like

Talk on Twitter is that weā€™ve sold 900 now. Someone was provided with an update when buying their ticket.

Looks like weā€™ll do the initial allocation by the end of tomorrow then with the open training session being on.

Got my 2 tickets for the gameā€¦ canā€™t wait now

1 Like

Another two here; was told Doncaster tickets could be on sale this afternoon.

1 Like

What was the initial allocation? Was it 1200? Thatā€™s less than half the capacity so really hope that if these do get snaffled tomorrow that there is no panic towards making it all ticket.

With pay on the day we will still be hundreds short of filling it so any panic towards all ticket would be daft.

Anything over 1,000 given it isnā€™t even a local game is fantastic. Factor in the ridiculous lateness of the ticket sales, and the fact that not everyone might be comfortable yet going in a crowd, and north of 1200 would be magnificent. I think we took 900+ to Rochdale in Doshā€™s first game which set the tone that season for some cracking away followings. Didnā€™t we average 1000 away that year which was the largest percentage of away/home average in the country?
After the false dawn of DC, donā€™t want to get too carried away, but thereā€™s definitely a feel-good factor, for a little while anyway!

2 Likes