L 1-0 vs Tranmere Rovers (A) - League 2 - Sat 7th Aug, 3pm

I think we fell just short of averaging 1,000 away from home that season.

The controversial number announced at Notts County was one factor. I think officially that stand was less than half full- hmmm.

The other factor was the winter drop in form that saw some poor followings. Remember seeing a defeat at Stockport on a Tuesday where we had barely 150. Per Cedequist probably grounding Dosh’s view that he needed a spring raid on the loan market to see us home.

But overall - what a great season that was following us around the country. Our home crowds were still standing up too. 5,000 regulars at home and 1,000 away. Would love a repeat of that season!

1150 was the initial allocation.

Agreed, I’m hoping they make it pay on the day and can see us taking around 1500.

1 Like

Yes I was at that Stockport game - a bit depressing, and unusually for Stockport quite a needly atmosphere in the pub before the game, I wrote a poem about the experience…entitled "coming home from Stockport in an attempt to capture the mundanity.

About all these Tuesdays
The forgotten ones.

Of course PT, YOU didn’t forget - :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

1100 sell-out for Saddlers fans. WFC have asked for more tickets - at least 500 more (their away end holds 2200). Very unlikely that there will be any “pay on the day”.

4 Likes

I reckon 1500 is realistic , Walsall fans are notorious for leaving it last minute.

I remember speaking to you that night. I can’t remember exactly where or what was said. Hopefully will see you at some point this season. Maybe shake hands, I bumped into 3 Saddlers fans I know on Saturday who all shook hands with me. Incredible how weird but oddly satisfying it was. As much as I am looking forward to the football, I can’t wait to start meeting up with fellow Walsall fans, even the ones I don’t really know but just give a nod of acknowledgement as I walk past them.

1 Like

Its brilliant Blazing, “food for the soul” :+1:

1 Like

As opposed to the 321 we’ve played for the past couple of seasons - with DC at Ted Rogers spouting unfathomable clues to what the team would be midweek, and then the answer/announced XI bearing no relation to what he said? Toss up for the roll of booby prize Dusty Bin - Dutton or Osei Yawn.

Don’t suppose anyone has got their ticket for Saturday in their hand yet to check whether it is numbered seats or unreserved?

It’ll be unreserved whether you have numbered tickets or not.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever sat in a designated seat at an away game, can’t see it being any different on Saturday.

1 Like

Be nice to get a result now mate after a following like that.

Gents and ladies. Thick question but I can’t be bothered to find out for myself. I’ve ordered for collection online. Will I get an e ticket as it’s says I will or do I go collect a paper ticket ?

The ticket office confirmed to me when I rang to get mine earlier that they are physical tickets so you will have to go to the ground to collect if you haven’t requested postal delivery.

Well done all. Now let’s sell the increased allocation ASAP! :+1:

2 Likes

When did that happen!

1 Like

Thanks @AndyWTaylor appreciate that.

Just been online to order some tickets.
Only “collection” now being offered so, unless I can collect from Tranmere, that’s a few knocked off the potential following.

I’m sure someone on here can collect on your behalf?

Would guess that there is a danger that any new online orders posted out after today (which will only happen when there are staff in the office and they have only been doing Mon-Wed-Fri as default for the last few months) won’t get to you in time for Saturday.

Can’t see why uncollected tickets (by close of office hours on Friday?) can’t be taken up to Tranmere to be collected there - it’s fairly usual practise, and Tranmere are supposedly manning a ticket window for pay-on-the-day anyway (if we don’t completely sell out).

1 Like