L 2-0 vs Cheltenham Town (A) - Sat 31st July, 3pm

Seems like we signed the defence and midfield then the money ran out. So we’re left with half a team. Great planning…

1 Like

How do you know 2 more are coming

No I’m saying that’s what we need @Gensanx123 f*****g well hope they are coming in.

Hopefully adds to our fantastically complete squad.

I’m totally fed up with this. Clearly as I’ve said before, most of the budget went on the spine of the team. Now looking for cheap also rans to make up the numbers. Couldn’t afford the triallists, who’ll probably turn up at Swindon or Rochdale or similar. It’s unacceptable, and has been done to sell season tickets early, so what’s changed? Say what you like, the club has not changed for the better in my opinion, and a top 7 finish with this squad is pie inthe sky.

3 Likes

Why’re we the only football club In The football league every year that starts with like two strikers and everyone else has about five?! Grips my shit.

The Walsall way.

https://twitter.com/JoeEdwards_Star/status/1421457266339979266?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1421457266339979266|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwhitelabel-test-123.scribblelive.com%2FEvent%2FCheltenham_Town_v_Walsall_-_LIVE_2

2 Likes

@NortonRob you know what, I said that was nonsense when you first mused over that but my hand’s my arse. It appears you maybe correct. Apologies.

It is looking increasingly likely we spent over the odds on Monthe Taylor Ward Labadie and Wilko’s wages I’ve been asking myself why have they come here and not gone to Salford or teams that pay 3-4K a week and my answer is because we’ve paid similar for them ourselves.Purely speculation and purely my personal view but it is what it is.

Bloody hope so. It seems we built half the team only for Leigh to ring up Jamie

‘Jamie you need to stop signing people. The budgets blown’

It v much looks like this is the case and oh dear oh dear dear. At one point during the summer I actually thought Pomlett could run the football club.

Pathetic

The players we have now are better than last season Monthe,Taylor are better than Scarr Labadie walks all over Guthrie and Sinclair it’s just that we’ve spent what seems like a lot of the wage bill on the first 11 and that leaves no margin for injuries

1 Like

Everyone moaning about the money running out and needing 2 wingers and 2 strikers when nobody got a clue what’s left. There’s no doubt we’re in a miles better position than the last god knows how many years. The whole set up with 2/3 year contracts is a breath of fresh air. A ball hasn’t even been kicked yet! Let’s stick with the management and see who comes in and how the lads who are currently here get on

12 Likes

Agree with this, squad may look a little light but early days , wait and see

I’m not moaning I’m putting my personal view across there’s a difference.

I agree with you @Staffordsaddler86 and maybe being over the top but I still find it bizarre and annoying there isn’t another striker in that squad when our league starts in seven days. I won’t let the club off until they do. Sick of looking at every other squad in any league we’ve been in thinking ‘he’ll score goals’.

He’s warming up with team

1 Like

Slight correction to the team announced on Twitter - Kiernan is 7 and Phillips 11 (unless they’ve got each others shorts on?)

…and so it begins :joy::joy:

1 Like

I’d rather the club sign players who they’ve done due diligence on, who want to come and who agree with what we’re trying to achieve rather than signing players to appease little trolls on internet forums who have zero knowledge of the financial situation. But I guess that’s the difference between us.

As you say, pathetic.

6 Likes

We simply aren’t gonna go out and get a proven goal scorer in. We’ve gotta find someone and develop them. The kid from Brighton with Wilkinson record last season I’m content with so far. We haven’t played anybody yet around our league level to judge but let’s see. I think Taylor knows what he’s doing. There’s plenty of loan left for us and there will be loads of players desperate for clubs over the next few weeks. We was never gonna go out and sign a lee Novak

@Staffordsaddler86 ill take your advice and points on board mate.

Just hope it works out for us obviously and we have a season where we haven’t hamstrung ourselves from the get go. You’re correct. Wont know until it all gets started.