L 2-0 vs Crewe Alexandra (A) - League Two - Sat 15th April, 3pm

Given we’ve only won their once in the past 20+ years I’d say yes, the Mornflake Stadium is a really tough place for us to go, fiendish even, beware the wounded animal too, on the back of a four goal hammering we should expect a response from them.

1 Like

First time not bothering with Crewe away for some time and I know of many more. Even the thought of a full day out isn’t that appealing knowing we still have that awful football to watch.

0-0.

I hadn’t realised Mornflake sponsored Crewe. I’ll have to look out for their products and make sure I don’t accidentally buy any of them.

5 Likes

Taking advantage of a rare Saturday off and treating the lad to an away day.

Not wanting to get people hopes up but as it stands the only game he has witnessed Walsall lose ever was FA Cup V Leicester … think this is our 11th game this year so im going for a 3 - 1 Walsall victory.

Is there an away friendly pub near the ground?

1 Like

From past experiences of going to Crewe, most of the pubs near the ground get taken over by Walsall fans. I don’t think there are any that aren’t away friendly.

2 Likes

Same reason for my non attendance, nailed on Crewe win, they always beat us at their place cus we never turn up. Didn’t want to witness the usual no show with the added ingredient of Flynn’s boring approach. Think I’ll watch the womens 6 nations rugby instead.

1 Like

Normally always jump on the Rattler for this one but I CBA…. 1 - 1

I’m going to watch Rocester vs Cheadle instead

3 Likes

12 (twelve) of our lot going, contemplating whether to hire a minibus or go up on the train to the Mornflake.

2 Likes

Bloody hell
A proper staff outing :joy: :wink:

Let me know if you find anywhere promising. I’ve only ever been in the Brewers Fayre and The Royal Hotel :woozy_face:

1 Like

Take a look at this mate

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g499507-zfg11776-Crewe_Cheshire_England.html

1 Like

Surprised he’s on about getting a minibus though. You’d have thought he’d just get the shooting brake out for the nobs and a charabanc for the staff.

1 Like

Andy T sent me this link.

There is another real ale pub called the Borough. If you fancy either let me know and we can have a pint and a natter.

1 Like

I’m going for the same end of season, boring 0-0 draw.
I’ve said this (sorry for being repetitive) since DJ left, somebody turned the lights out and lost the number for the electrician!
I really thought we were making progress with new owners, acquiring the stadium and Flynn’s players, it gave us hope that things were finally turning around.
Different players, same results. Do we have to keep rebuilding every year? We’ve been crying out for a box-to-box midfielder forever that was never addressed. We finally got a striker who knew where the back of the net was. He was only on loan for 6 months and his parent club didn’t want to play ball when we wanted to purchase him. Major injuries also set us back even more.
One needs a lot to go right to achieve a successful season, not much has gone in our favour this time around.
As fans, hope is all we have. Let’s hope for a lot of it next season.

There’s 7 of us coming on the rattler so not sure where the consensus of destination will be but we usually head for the place with the best ale selection so The Borough looks ideal. I will message you if you want to see if our paths are crossing. Be good to say hello.

1 Like

:+1: Looks decent.
I’m on the train from Dinglehampton. Gets into Crewe at half 12

1 Like

Remember that 5 1 mauling in the play offs like it was yesterday.

Colin Methven had a nightmare

We played in black and white stripes

1 Like

Are you renewing?. Don’t think you’ve mentioned it yet

Course I am. Yow trolling again next season?

5 Likes