L 2-0 vs Forest Green Rovers (A) - League Two - Sat 9th March, 3pm

Good memory! yes spread over two seasons, excuse my dodgy photo editing

I have gone for a draw.2-2 is my best guess.They are fighting for their lives but I think we will get something.

Not going to get carried away, would love a win but would take the draw to keep confidence levels up :blush:

1 Like

1-2 to Walsall

3-1 to us. Matt (2) and Hutch for us…Os for them.

The team with the most set piece goals in the division which is us with 18 up against the team with the joint least with Swindon on 5. I fancy us for this one, they’ve had two decent home results however had a fair few shots against them in both those games. If we can be a bit ruthless early doors then this could be ours. In the 35 games FGR have played they’ve conceded first 25 times - perhaps unsurprisingly - they have only won 1, drawn 4 and lost 20.

If you like your stats fill your boots -

Looking forward to Crods pep talk on this one…

I still can’t get over this little nugget….makes me chuckle every time I see it….

:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I did like Flynn but for a guy who talked about how important set pieces were he didn’t really deliver on them pardon the pun for us or Swindon it seems!

2-1 Win.

Hutch and Jamma.

Scrappy game. Get in get out.

Matty Stevens to score for FGR, providing hes got out of the treacle.

Does anyone know if there is an away pub by the ground? Or is it best to go to Stroud first then get a taxi to the ground? First time going to Forest Green. Taking the brother in law to his first Walsall game so hopefully it is a good one!

Reminds me of the old Millwall day’s :rofl:

1 Like

There aren’t any pubs immediately around the ground itself, but I believe there are a few closer to Nailsworth town (or should that be village?) centre which is about a mile away down the hill.

However there is a fans zone by the away end with a marquee and a few wooden tables and benches.

1 Like

Steve Cotterill is a wily old fox. He will no doubt be putting forward a suite of measures to stop our recently unprecedented winning run. Make no mistake this will be an incredibly tough fixture and not for the faint of heart. To be honest I’d snap your hand off for the sort of ugly 1-0 away wins that are hallmarks of sides that gain promotion.

3 Likes

Surprised that you dont mention that the most diffiult place to get to is a difficult place to go to :thinking:

3 Likes

No toy meat cleavers at FGR please.
Vegetable knives will be fine…

2 Likes

The George at Nailsworth is the closest pub to the ground . It has limited parking but a footpath up the Hill to the ground which is a 20 minute walk. It is a CAMRA pub and although small serves a good pint.

2 Likes

If that is the same pub I am thinking of, that we went in, it feels a bit more like climbing a mountain at times, rather than following a footpath up a hill.

1 Like

Yes but its downhill on the way back

Think those predicting a win for us are forgetting they now have Osadebe.

1 Like