L 2-0 vs Forest Green Rovers (H) - Papa John's Trophy Group L - Wed 10th Nov, 7pm

Our final Pizza Pot Group game.

£5 adults, £1 kids, first 50 to phone up and quote ‘Papa Johns 241’ get a second ticket free.

Note that it is a WEDNESDAY game, kicking off at 7pm

https://www.papajohns.co.uk - if you want to order a pizza. Plenty of offers on too.

Lots of dough on offer for clubs processing through the competition, I think we are already qualified. What a good base to start from, and if we can get pasta resurgent FGR team (currently losing 2-1 at St Albans Town as I post though!) we go through as group winners.

2 Likes

Here we have my earlier Papa John’s Pizza. The Works. Stuffed Crust.

I’m quite confident of winning this. The positive recent run leads to a Domino effect and with MT being such a Goodfella, it’s hard to see any other outcome.

2 Likes

The last time we played FGR in this competition they sent kids even younger than the EPL teams do! :baby:

As they’ve just been dumped out of the FA Cup by part-timers, will they take it more seriously this time?

And as we’re already through, the only thing we are playing for is home advantage in round 2. Then again, 8 unbeaten so a run to protect in order to keep the momentum going.

Full first team or play the fringe players again (maybe even get to see Khan)?

Is it available to watch on the ifollow app??

Hoping for a grate win to top the group. Pepper their goal with shots and we’ll be oven a laugh at the final whistle.

1 Like

We won over twenty two grand yesterday. A win on Wednesday is ten grand. That would represent a good week’s business.

If Menayese agitates I think we could get him for Zak Jules type money and thirty two grand outs a big hole in that.

Our hope has to be that we get say a Kidderminster in the next round of the FA Cup, it gets on the telly and we win. That would put nearly another hundred grand into the pot which if we won another couple of games in this reserve team trophy should make for a decent window in January.

5 Likes

Topping the group could help to secure a bigger slice of prize money, so a win will certainly help us earn a crust.

1 Like

Be good to see a big crowd, the club needs the dough

It has to be said we’ve missed out on plenty of free cash in the past with poor cup runs.

There’s no topping that.

Yes, it will be on iFollow.

1 Like

These puns are just to cheesy

No, I prefer four cheese, thanks x

1 Like

But what formaggion will we play?

3 Likes

Whichever help us continue this gouda run of form.

1 Like

Perhaps we should ask a few former players to turn out, Dave Mozzerella for instance.

Or maybe Olly Lancashire

I hope we give that Italian lad that we’ve got on trial a game, Antonio Pepperoni I think his name is…I’ll get my coat :pizza:

I hope we don’t sign Cheddar Evans.