L 2-0 vs Hartlepool United (A) - League Two - Sat 21st Aug, 3pm

Hard to predict this one.
I think we’re all looking for improvement week-to-week, with Labadie and Holden out for a while it may be tough to achieve.
The following is the side I would choose, it probably won’t be the final 11, we will have to wait and see.

Rushworth
White Taylor Menayese Mils
Perry Kinsella
Wilkinson Earing Kiernan (Shade)
Phillips

1 Like

:rofl: harsh

1 Like

Seeing people is a good point mate much better than calling me a glory hunter :rofl:

1 Like

Did anyone ever start following Walsall for the glory? If they did they were more than a little misguided I reckon :see_no_evil:

We beat Arsenal and drew at Anfield when I was 8, as a kid you do start to get a picture that this is the norm but I am sure by the time most people come of age they get a clearer picture of reality.

1 Like

Do not lump on a 4-2 away win

Let’s just say I knew there was never going to be glory watching Walsall FC mate I actually feel really fortunate that I had the chance to go to the millennium stadium and Wembley I just don’t fancy driving a 7 hour round trip to watch them that’s all especially how they are playing at the moment I can see the sideways passing across the back 4 in the highlights thanks.

3 Likes

You don’t have to make any excuses or justify yourself to anyone mate. I did 100% home and away or very close to it for years (decades) I don’t get any awards for it, I did it cos it was what I wanted to do. It has never been quite the same since my Dad passed away 14 years ago now. I still do a good 80% but I don’t fancy it then I don’t go.

To be honest, when we couldn’t go over the past year and a half, I didn’t miss it half as much as I thought I would. It just became the norm, I didn’t watch on I-Follow most the time, I just caught up with it on here mostly. There are other things in life it even if I didn’t realise it when I was younger.

I’m not going Saturday just cos it just seems like a lot of hassle, a long journey on a coach for me and an 8 year old. Plenty other games to go to this season.

I am sure Staffordsaddler was only joking with you btw :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m only playing you up of course. Only torture following Walsall 95% of the time. Like you say it’s along drive back if we lose. I will be aiming to tick off the grounds I haven’t been mainly this season.

1 Like

Mate I can’t imagine how that feels I still go with my dad,I’m 40 and he’s 57 and I love it I will miss it dearly when the inevitable happens.

I know you are mate and I would love them to put on a fantastic display win 3-0 and you all have a safe journey back we need a win to get things going.

I will be there along with son whose first visit it is to hartlepool and taking my nephew for his first away game. Should do about 15 - 18 away this season. UTS

Yeah make the most of every moment is my advice. I wrote a lot about my adventures with my Dad on the old board. He was only 54, but we made some memories in those years. They will always be the best years of my life. He would have been going Saturday with out any doubt. Where are we playing and how do we get there for when the pubs open. I really miss those days, but I am thankful I got to live them and cherish them.

To be fair since my youngest has really taken to it all I have got the buzz back a lot, but 7 hours plus on a coach for him in one day is a bit much I think, we will be at Bradford no doubt.

5 Likes

Fair enough :joy:

Not been to a lot of away games and wont do many if any this season.
Do remember being on one long coach journey to a game and it was getting hotter and hotter in the bus.
Made my way up front and asked the driver to switch on the air con, " it’s on mate " was the reply. I said " the fan is blowing but no cooling " he just shrugged.
Either it was broken or he was saving fuel. We arrived like wilted lettuces.

It’s still a long drive back if we win … :joy:

The display against Coventry on Easter Monday that season was awesome

1 Like

Blink of an eye if we win

1 Like

The more that you tell us NOT to lump on the more i am tempted :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Bit drastic mate :flushed:

2 Likes

Reverse psychology mate.

I only started the 4-2 lump humour to cheer up the Dutton Darkness

1 Like