L 2-0 vs Stockport County (H) - League Two - Thur 29th Dec, 7:45pm

This is a tough, tough game. I will be happy with a point.

Best of 2022: Williams’ goal at Stockport - when we turned the corner.

Worst, probably Scunthorpe but also Swindon away when Menayese went to pieces.

1 Like

I think I would make 2 changes tomorrow night. I would bring in Maddox for Earing and Allen for Gordon. Hopefully we get that bumper crowd and 3 points to go with it.

1 Like

I understand it being a tough game and their on a tidy run but we’re a tidy resilient team too with home advantage and confidence is at an all time high especially after an injury time winner away against 4th in table.
I think a 2-0 victory with DJ getting both.

Blockquote

Would just love another home win, however the evergreen Paddy Madden always pops up with a goal, so 1-1 it will be, beating Mansfield at the weekend will be more achievable.
If, we do win, we could well be in a play off spot, a far cry from the appalling start to our season, luckily Flynn has eventually found a winning combination. Our last minute equaliser at Stockport changed our season round, no doubt.
UTS

1 Like

We were top at the time and Jim Fryatt scored for them…a far post header if I remember correctly. I think Stockport may have gone up that season whilst we finished around 7th as that defeat started a bad run for us. Lets hope history doesn’t repeat itself.

1 Like

Get down the Besla in numbers boys and girls!! Huge game.

1 Like

(A) I know it was a totally false dawn (and we’ve had plenty of those over the years) but the Hartlepool game was a cracking performance and for me I thought that at last we’d turned the corner.

(B) The Tranmere last minute winner, I honestly thought we might beat them and start moving up the table, it was a real kick in the guts when they scored that last minute winner.

1 Like
1 Like

Been saying it myself for awhile. :wink:
Although some people don’t believe that the club seems to have cycles of success and failure. (no names , no pack drill. :innocent:)

Club just posted the below.

1 Like

Surely the vast, vast majority of supporters have a smartphone that can receive an e-ticket, rather than have to stand in a queue?

2 Likes

We’ve only had about 4,200 home fans for each of our three night matches so far this season, so no way will there be over 7,000 for this one. We should get over 6,000 if Stockport bring 1,500 though.

Even I’ve managed the technology in buying 2 e-tickets, so if I ( a 41yr old who hasn’t a clue about computers) can do it, anyone can.:wink:

1 Like

I don’t think a night match inbetween Christmas and New Year ( when many people are off) is the same as a Tuesday night in October or November. Add in our good run, an attractive opposition (relatively) who will bring a few, plus the freehold situation and I think you have misread the runes on this one.

If there is not 5,500 of us I’d be very surprised in an overall gate approaching 7k, even when taking into account any transport problems.

2 Likes

The current state of play behind the goal for tomorrow nights game.Obviously blue is still available.

1 Like

There will obviously be a lot of people collecting Stockport away tickets which will cause the problem

it’s a interesting game when we played them away it was a objectively awful game and that we were fortunate to get anything out of… however since then we have had this great run and there seems to be a belief in the team about being able to turn any deficit around.

I think as a game it’s almost impossible to call I’d be happy with a point but if we can get all 3 I’d be delighted especially as it feels like Maddens always caused problems against us.

This is a start of a run of games that are tough all the way through to mid feb so if we can carry our form then genuinely anything is possible this year.

I will be picking mine up but around 5 o’clock on the way to the pub :grin: so shouldn’t be too busy at that time hopefully.

2 Likes

Bit disappointing.

Will be a bigger than usual crowd but not a hit it out the park whopper.

1 Like