L 2-1 vs Bradford City (A) - League Two - Sat 3rd Sept, 3pm

Defenders galore

Canā€™t wait til Gordon and mcentee are back so we can play 9-0-1 formation

3 Likes

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportlatest/20881279.amp/

ā€œMARK Hughes is hoping that Walsall will not put up the barricades at Valley Parade like the rest.ā€

Thatā€™s your hopes dashed Sparky

2 Likes

What points you drinking mate? :wink:

Iā€™ve seen that same formation on BBC sport website too. Seems a bit odd.

Maybe itā€™s really 3-5-2 with Allen at LWB and then Bennett in the forward role of midfield 5 behind Knowles and DJ. Or maybe 3511. Either way, I guess weā€™ll see in the first few mins after kick off!

1 Like

Flynn has no idea kinsella and comley again. Glad im not there today. Possession 70% BRADFORD

1 Like

Iā€™d be interested to see what the average position data tells us after.

Hmmmm, seems a lot of square legs in round holes whatever the formation is.

No chance itā€™s that.

If he was playing three up front it would include at least one more of the 5 attacking players we have on the bench :joy::joy:

The formation is a complete mystery to me ā€¦I hope Mr Flynn knows what it is. :grinning:

We have enough talent on the bench to line up like this, the lineup seems to mirror the gaffers mood.

1 Like

The way theyā€™re warming up it looks like a 4231 with Allen and Bennett on the wings, Knowles behind DJ.

1 Like

The bloke is totally deranged now, he has picked this side out of Clarkeā€™s tombola hat.
It is obvious that he thinks we will get well beaten by a better team, and is putting up the shutters, Cook is going to have a field day!

1 Like

Of the permutations that one looks the most likely I suppose.

I am not optimistic but I do not necessarily see it as an ultra negative formation. Bennett and Allen have been as lively as anyone going forward.

The other point is that, with 5 subs, there is less significance in the starting XI.

Theyā€™d have worked on all this on the training ground all week.Iā€™m sure we will be well drilled and what looks like very difficult to break down.We need to defend set pieces properly and be alive to everything for 90 plus minutes and take what limited opportunities we have.

Maybe Allen is playing in his actual position wide left. Which is great. Shame that we have to play Bennet LWB though because we havenā€™t got a fit left sided defender in the squad.

Reminds me of last season with Ward as our only option. Except our only viable option is injured this season.

1 Like

Allenā€™s natural position is cm mate
Where he played previous to us

Big stadium, big audience ;), and bigger chance for a good game and good result. One nil will be ok for me, but when DJ wants to score more, he can.

Very attacking bench, 3 strikers (well in name) and Earing, Maher and Hutchinson are all attacking midfielders.

Assume the plan is to keep things 0-0 for an hour, get big crowd frustrated and then pinch game like at Newport.

Played there before, but not his main position. Heā€™s played wing back too but I pray to God that isnā€™t his natural position.

1 Like