L 2-1 vs Bristol Rovers (H) - League Two - Sat 25th Sept, 3pm

Think the only thing that might save us is Bristol Rovers may be worse.

Mansfield town have shown themselves to be a really poor team. As have Stevenage and I think thats what we will be this season. A team that beats teams that are “even” worse than us.

1 Like

Won’t see many wins this season then?

1 Like

Is there any news on both Kinsella and Wilkinson?

I think it will be enough to keep us up, maybe climb the bottom half of the league a little.

Absolute mile away from the promotion - top half predictions at the start of the season though.

2 Likes

No I noticed we have continued with DC’s tactics of not releasing information. In all fairness I’d expect Wilkinson to be close to a return if it was a mild tear.

The Newport commentators thought it was cramp with Kinsella. He kept trying to get up, walking a few paces, then going back down- as if it was something he thought could walk off. If you thought you’d got a serious injury, surely you’d stay down until the physio got to you. Hopefully.

To be fair I’m not sure that has been continued. Joe Edwards has posted an injury update Thurs/Fri before most games. I imagine we will know about Kinsella then.

1 Like

Definitely not cramp , he looked devestated when he walked past us
Hopefully I’m wrong but I’d guess a tweaked knee ligament

Ah ok , I’ll wait until Friday then.

I was under the impression it was more tired muscles than a long term injury too so fingers crossed he’s ok I can’t remember the commentary on the game suggesting it looked bad anyway.

Glad he’s pleased with a poor performance :rofl::rofl:

I knew his performance would be coloured by an assist.

The rest of the game he was terrible. His passing was abysmal. There’s over hitting a pass and then there is smashing it past your man and out for a goal kick. I counted three times he did that. He lost the ball multiple times, and for a man of his size had no physical presence whatsoever.

The newspaper clipping had been posted on another thread so firstly apologies for that to everyone I didn’t realise and yes mate doesn’t look like it takes much to please our Matthew does it but I guess I’d rather him praise players than tell them to stack shelves at Tesco or wherever it was Darrell said.

Osadebe was our best outfield player last Saturday. To say he did nothing apart from the assist is really not true.

1 Like

He makes a lot of mistakes for sure, but there were periods in the second half when he was our only creative outlet. There was about a 10 minute spell where he was excellent, but the amount of time he overhit a pass was ridiculous. To say he is erratic is an understatement, but to say he is crap is just too simplistic.

However, there is no halfway with Oss. He is either quality or awful.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree with that. He is a confidence player which is probably why Matt Taylor gave him a bit of praise. I think he will start on Saturday. I’d like to see Kiernan back, with Shade moving to the right, unless Wilkinson is fit to start, which is unlikely. I suppose it will have to be Earing and Perry as the middle two.

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: You weren’t watching then. Best outfield player! Pull the other one. Mayo, Kinsella, Shade all played better, and there wasn’t a good performance between all of them.

I didn’t say he did nothing, he was, no other word for it, woeful the rest of the game. At one point, he beat two player, sitting one of them on their arse, had all the pitch to run into … and smashed a ball straight out of play instead of playing a simple pass. It’s no good having skills if you do f*** all with them.

Like I said, I just knew that assist was going to pull on the blinkers.

Thing for me on Osadebe is he stood out in a truly dreadful team during the tail end of last season under Dutton, prior to that we hadn’t seen much of him. He stood out with two goals against Kiddy Harriers. Some are saying he stood out on Saturday in what most deem as a poor team performance.

If Osadebe can only stand out in poor teams/team performances or against inferior opposition then the quicker we move on from him (and other players like him in the squad) the quicker we will improve and move up the league.