L 2-1 vs Bristol Rovers (H) - League Two - Sat 25th Sept, 3pm

He stands out because he does the odd good thing. He’s a league two Paul Pogba but without players around him doing his job for him. You can’t carry players like that at this level.

He could be a useful Sub sometimes, a strong bloke coming on for the last 20 or 30 minutes against a tiring team. And he is capable of occasional flashes of good play. But not as a starter, surely.

He will start Saturday. We don’t have another option. Earing has to play Centre Mid and Holden is crocked.

What year did he hit his 117th goal?

Judging by his current rate of 11 in 7 professional seasons, 2091

1 Like

Kinsella is undergoing an operation on his knee and will be out for “weeks, not months”

1 Like

1 Like

Wel what team do we play now!!!

Following the news on Kinsella I fear the worst and I am usually the optimist on here!!! We will certainly concede a goal or two so I can only see another defeat.

I’d play 442 next game with the injuries that we have . Only number 10 left his earing and we need him In midfield

Rusworth
White Mayo leak mills
Shade Perry earing kiernan
Phillips Miller

Leak deserves a start as Taylor and monthe are both tosh.
Mills over ward as ward for me is really disappointing and mills hasn’t had a shot yet

Only other thing I may do is play 451 and play perry Bates and earing midfield 3

Think he will play 4-4-2 @ home

Kearns
Bond, Fullerton, Whalley, Tinsdale
Pomlett, Whittaker, Bonser, Gilman
Mole, Gamble

7 Likes

I don’t think Taylor and monthe have been tosh.

We’ll struggle Saturday. For all rovers poor form they still have very good signings for this level. Our wafer thin squad now made even smaller by its inevitable injuries will do well to contain rovers Saturday, never mind score

Well maybe tosh is harsh but I don’t rate either of them so far.
Taylor is slower than Clarke and that’s why most fans wanted him out. Very poor showing so far
Monthe is cumbersome and a liability. Isn’t comfortable one on one at all and always looks like he will give fouls away
Leak deserves a shot

1 Like

Hopefully, Miller will be able to hustle the centre-halves like he did against Mansfield. Some posters likened him to Deeney: he’s not that sort of player who can go toe-to-toe with big centre-halves and bully them into submission. Our best tactic would be to draw Brissle on to us then hit them with balls over the top for Miller to chase after. If they defend deep, then we will have problems breaking them down. As for defence, I’d bring in Taylor in place of Monthe. I think, for a big man, the latter gets outmuscled and beaten in the air too easily. In midfield: it’s all much of a muchness without Kinsella - we are pretty weak there at the moment. I’ll be happy with a draw in this one.

1 Like

Remember this ?

5 Likes

Some good players in that squad. Liked watching Jon macken and Julian gray. Matt Richards was a good club servant as well. Bit of dynamo, could do all sorts.

Bonser the midfield playmaker who pulls all the strings?

1 Like

My mate was fed up of watching Walsall and I convinced him to go that day . I said unless they score 6 I won’t bother asking you again, but if they do you have to come with me, he agreed.

7 goals was a season ticket :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hope Joey Barton isn’t reading the game plan

The line up allows Bonser to dictate the direction of play while using Pomlett and Whittaker as supporting cannon fodder to break things up and be snapping away in the midfield holding positions and divert the opposition’s attention.

This will allow Whalley to break on the overlap and ghost in to feed off Mole and Gamble’s up front work and then pick up the rent cheque

Just need to take my meds now and get back in the straight jacket

1 Like

Whatever happened to Julian Gray?