L 2-1 vs Mansfield Town (A) - League Two - Sat 15th Oct, 1pm

Well DJ doesn’t hold the ball up . Knowles is more a like for like replacement although I accept Williams could do what you say.

Just hope we don’t try to sit back and soak any pressure up as we will no doubt lose .
Best form of defence is attack as we are all aware , but we rarely show it .

Would be more confident if DJ was playing but I still think we can pull off a shock result.

May be heart over head her but I’m going to back some of the other players to step up in DJs absence and grab another win in a tough hard fought battle.

2-2 I think.

A point or better would be a real sign of the corner being turned.

Find it bizarre some say this. He’s not exactly Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but the ball sticks better to him than anyone else in our squad and he actually picks a pass. Way better than Williams for example, who was pretty much in the team for that role.

4 Likes

Yep. I have definitely noticed this. I don’t know where the idea comes from. If anything he is found with his back to goal shielding the ball more than he should be. If someone else was doing the job, or we changed our style of play he could focus more on runs in behind which defenders hate.

3 Likes

Up to 610 according to the last report on the club’s Twitter feed. Not sure if that includes @Belphegor and his mob.

1 Like

5 of us including the owl who will be snuck in for free under Scooby’s coat.
Bought them on Monday so probably included in the number you quoted.

2 Likes

This, freeing him up from that work outside the box to be able to make more runs like the one he scored from on Saturday.

Looking forward to this. Taking my lad to his first away game.

3 Likes

I believe this will be a true test as to where we are, especially without DJ.
The owners have a great opportunity to sit down and discuss DJ"s situation and get something done.before the vultures visit.
We haven’t been brilliant in our last two victories, against some very tall sides I might add, but we haven’t played badly either. I’m hoping we’ve (at last) found some consistency in our play and our opponents know this 'Walsall team will not lay down and die and be trodden over.
More goals from midfield are needed if we’re to maintain this mini run, it won’t be easy though.

Looking forward to it mate see you around 10 :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I might do the owl for you Scoob being you’ll be there with Belphs

P.S I wouldn’t of been able to go with you all in the end with Covid again

2 Likes

Twit twoo she’ll like that.

I know you would have come with us mate,main thing is getting fighting fit again.We’ll be back in the railway next weekend, hope you feel much better soon scoobs :+1:t2:

1 Like

What …You going in before going to Sutton United :joy: :+1:

2 Likes

Are we away again?? That’s shocking mate a school boy error.Call myself a fan :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I reckon we can top a 1,000 turnout for this.

I did say around 1200 the other day after the recent upturn in form but not sure we’ll hit that many tbh.

Paid on the day last season and will again Saturday… UTS