L 2-1 vs Mansfield Town (A) - League Two - Sat 15th Oct, 1pm

After stockport wont go away for a while. Still not convinced we have turned the corner. Really hope we win and proves me wrong.

Saddlers fans do amaze me. I seem remember going away in the old div 1 and we would often take 5,6 or 700 yet we regulary smash that in div 2

2 Likes

So will be nice to find out how many would go away now if we could get back up there again , sure we’d be taking even more

We dropped down to around 300 regulars for most away games during some of Smith’s reign. I think it just got boring going to the same places year after year and being stuck in the bottom half of the league. I remember going to Bury the game Grigg scored in the first few mins and we barely managed 300.

The away support right now considering how bad we have been for so long is quite astounding. We are definitely due and fully deserving of something to shout about.

4 Likes

First trip to Mansfield for me, assuming my ticket arrives in the post today.
Tough game, especially with out Johnson… 0-0.

672 sold so far, so I’m guessing 900ish will travel.

owl 2

Just practising for tommorrow as a stand in for Scooby , sorry just bored …covid

4 Likes

I have to say, I do like the “goal owl” very much - just don’t get to see it often enough

1 Like

Looks like we have another serious injury to one of our key players, Flynn unwilling to identify the player.

Can’t see us winning this one, especially without Johnson. We might manage a draw but expecting a defeat.

On an unrelated note, just looked at the league table and seen Gillingham have only scored four goals all season, so it could be worse!

Daniels for a guess.

There was an article on the BBC site yesterday about Burgos in the Spanish 2nd Division. They have played 9 games and have yet to concede. Mind, 6 of them have been 0-0 draws!

1 Like

Postman didn’t bring the ticket… does anyone know if the club are likely to help in any way if I give them a call? Not sure what they can do to be fair unless I just buy another on the gate

Give them a call, you should be able to collect it from Mansfield tomorrow.

1 Like

Cheers, they’ve sorted me out. Completely forgot about the postal strikes when I asked for my ticket to be delivered.

The club get a lot of stick for some aspects of their customer service but a 2 minute phone call and I can pick one up tomorrow. Superb.

8 Likes

If that is true then Daniels might conceivably have a fractured skull.

No one else appeared badly injured on Saturday so otherwise it was in training.

Your a natural mate :wink:

1 Like

If Daniel’s had seriously injured himself in a head collision it wouldn’t be a player “in doubt”. There’s be an automatic concussion protocol to follow even if he said he felt fine. Normally upto 3 weeks.

It won’t be Evans because if it was we’d have an emergency loan in by now.

My guess would be Comely or Kinsella seeing as it’s my belief Clarke is already the player playing on despite injury.

Not heard of these before - Notts Police have got pyro dogs! Got to be a few puns in that, if you have a flair for humour.

1 Like

Drug dogs , I think it’s shocking that they allow these dogs to attend in that state :crazy_face: …

as for the other dogs there’s bound to be fireworks …

1 Like