L 2-1 vs Newport County (A) - League Two - Sat 18th Sept, 3pm

Back into Sky Bet League Two action this Saturday with a trip to Newport County on offer this time round.

The Exiles have a couple of former Saddlers in their ranks in Cameron Norman and James Clarke with both definitely hoping to get one over their old employers, whilst Joss Labadie is the former Exile in our ranks, but he is suspended so won’t be playing.

Michael Flynn is still the Newport manager, and having taken them to within a game of League One last season, he will be hoping to go one step further this time.

Their last six fixtures have been:

25th Aug - Southampton (H) - (LC2) - Lost 8-0
28th Aug - Salford City (A) - Lost 3-0
31st Aug - Plymouth Argyle (H) - (PJT) - Won 2-0
4th Sept - Leyton Orient (H) - Drew 2-2
10th Sept - Harrogate Town (A) - Drew 2-2
14th Sept - Northampton Town (H) - *Lost 1-0

The Saddlers meanwhile come into this game with 3 wins and 1 draw from their last 4 matches across all competitions, with expectations heightened once again following our demolition of Mansfield Town in our last league game.

Who will make the starting XI for The Saddlers? Injuries permitting I think we will see the same XI that started vs. Mansfield, with Super Georgie Miller leading the attack. The only other position to look at may be the central defence area as Rollin Menayese is back available after being ineligible to face his parent club.

Should Rollin be rollin’ back into the starting XI?

Who’s going to the game?

Let us know your thoughts below.

Newport County vs Walsall - Match Result
  • Newport County Win
  • Draw
  • Walsall Win

0 voters

1 Like

First game this season where we will be playing a team below us in the table!

They are obviously not as good as they were without Labadie - while we will probably be better without him! :joy:

We’ve lost one in the last six they’ve won one in the last six and according to the women watching their game the other night on sky sports Newport lump it long and don’t really create much so I’ve gone for us to win but in all fairness anything could happen.

I am predicting a 1-0 seat of the pants smash & grab win for this one.

The UTS Executive to be seen going down the A14 heading for hobnobbing at the Weston Stately Homes Stadium to watch Deeny’s debut for Les Bleus & to sample the Posher haute cuisine & bubbly on offer rather than slumming it in darkest South Wales for cheesy chips and Brain’s bitter.

Somehow I cant think of Newport with out thinking of this

7 Likes

I think we’ll edge this by a goal. One nil maybe. They’re on bad form and seem to have lost or not gained any confidence from last season. Wouldn’t be surprised with a Draw or even a goals reverse however.

I’m not going. Up to Ibrox on Sunday for flag day instead. Champions again, ole ole. :uk:

Any specific pub , for us ?

Absolutely class

Anyone going Saturday … remember you still need face masks in pubs in Wales

Mark Drakeford for you useless if you ask me think he’s one of @Belphegor friends? Or he was in his general vicinity once might be wrong.

@Saddlerone1 sorry about yesterday.

1 Like

What happened yesterday , !
No problem mate

2 Likes

Bet you won’t say that to his face…….:joy:

2 Likes

Takes a bigger man to apologise

2 Likes

Not specific, but the Tiny Rebel Brewery Bar is :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’ve heard this too … that’s where I’ll be heading

1 Like

Think walsall could have a great game. Still wish we had Clarke but shade could run norman ragged. Being optimistic 0.3 to saddlers and Clarke to give a pen away.

Got all outcomes covered there :wink:

1 Like

Think you have to have to book a table, me and my mates were thinking of going there

According to form they have 2 in Newport and 1 in Cardiff.

Ones the actual brewery in Newport, that’s a fair way out of Newport, the bar is only a walk away from the ground :+1:

Anyone remember that game at fellows Park where Newport County bought a 9000 away following. As older fans will confirm. I’m not making this up! Remember it well. My dad took me