L 2-1 vs Salford City (A) - League Two - Sat 26th March, 3pm

We took nearly 1300 last time we were allowed to go.

Club tweeted that they are expecting over 900 as thereā€™s been lots of interest.

1 Like

Could be a good day.

Weā€™re all pay on the day also.
The overall numbers travelling is incredible support really. Fourth division, nothing much on the game, cost of living going through the roof, and second week running away trip, which was also sold out! If Flynn can get us in and around the promotion places next season It will definitely be another Doshesque renaissance, 5k plus at home and 1k plus regular away. Just hope those running the club realise this and give him the backing he needs, which in my opinion is just 3 or 4 quality additions.

13 Likes

You mention Thomas-Asante @RobHarv3y, we had him on trial a few years back.

Played the first half at Nuneaton away, the first season under Clarke.

1 Like

:wink:

If I remember correctly Clarke wanted to look at him for a while longer, but he then went onto Salford who then signed him. Featured in the Class of '92 documentary.

1 Like

Who knows , their fans might be swelled by Manure and City fans still wanting their weekend footie fix

I canā€™t see the ManUre fans travelling all the way up from Croydon just to watch us play Salford.

10 Likes

Magnificent support, great to see another huge travelling audience. Me and a few of the lads will be there, be loud and proud.

2-1 to the Super Saddlers.

1 Like

Those bogs really were poor werenā€™t they!!:man_facepalming::confounded::laughing:

Spot on Geordie. Itā€™s amazing how many we are taking to some away games, especially given where we are in our season, as you say. I tried to find a website with away following stats, averages etc but couldnā€™t really find one. Iā€™d love to know our average away following this season - we must be up there compared to other teams. Maybe Bradford, Swindon, Brizzle may challenge us but canā€™t see many others doing so.
Found a site that shows average attendances and Salford at rock bottom in 24th with just over 2000! So we could have half the crowd there on Saturday!!
Bring it on, canā€™t wait!

UTS!

One for @derbysaddler at least - Cloudwater have taken over the Pilcrow close to Victoria station and Shudehill interchange (and not far from the Marble Arch). And itā€™s now named Sadlerā€™s Cat so even more reason to visit before the game!

1 Like

I echo those sentiments about our fans (home and away) this season, they have been fantastic. Not just a credit to the club, but to the entire League 2.
Taking almost a 1000 supporters to a nothing game in the lowest division is a testament of how passionate our fans are and, if Flynn recruits diligently, how much we look forward to next season at the right end of the table.
I would like to see our unbeaten streak going and have no reason to think that it wonā€™t tomorrow.
How long are Salfordā€™s owners going to continue for mediocrity? It has to be getting very old for them.

1 Like

Try one football forum. Lists actual away followings not the home gates based on our visit. Last time i looked we were about 6th. About two thirds of the league have something to play for now, so i would expect our ranking to fall a bit. Col u and crawley being huge decimators.

I think our tremendous away following just now is a sign of how desperate we have been to find some relative success. Flynn has brought us hope. Hopefully there are good times ahead.

3 Likes

Next season for me Iā€™m afraid, Iā€™m 8 weeks into having become a dad, and the little madam is very demanding at the moment.

Definitely worth sampling some of their pale ales in this weather though!

5 Likes

Congrats Derby. 8 weeks in? If I was you go to the match and have a kip at the back :grin:

Sleep? Whatā€™s that?

Ah yes I remember now.

Iā€™ll get my own back in a couple of years when sheā€™s dragged along to the Bescot. Sheā€™s already got a swifty baby grow.

3 Likes

I did that at Rochdale after our Jimbo was born if you remember. We may have had the odd drink or two.

Congrats Derby, Iā€™m going to be honest mate being a parent doesnā€™t get progressively easier :smiley:

Iā€™m only joking, being a Dad is brilliant enjoy it, they grow up so quickly.

3 Likes