L 2-1 vs Salford City (A) - League Two - Sat 26th March, 3pm

Thanks Blazing, yep it’s been tough at times but also amazing, she’s a bundle of absolute joy.

Ill stick with the 1-1 draw, the same results as our last 3 away.

1 Like

Yes remember. I’ve ‘slept’ in a few away ends myself but can’t claim it was anything to do with being tired due to parental duties :grin: Sarfend away with Jonah donkeys years ago springs to mind. Jonah was doing commentary for me for a while until he realised I was unconscious. Was a Friday night match, ended up kipping in a multi-story car park and got home Sunday. Had a few interesting away days on train with Jonah back in the day :joy:. Good job we’re all sensible these days :wink:

Where is everyone drinking tomorrow? Is there a boozer by the ground.

Bearly anything around the ground @Mazza01

There is a pub about a mile away from the ground that a few fans went in the last time we went there called The Star Inn

1 Like

Really that far away? I went last time and we had a drink behind the stand.

Cheers.

I know a few are going to the Red Lion (Prestwich)

It’s about 1.5 miles away from the stadium and one of the better pubs.

1 Like

Not doing this one. Stuff on.

I think we’ll get done here. Whilst Flynn’s arrival has heralded some better results, for once we have been on the upside of a few borderline decisions and our last two away games have been far from convincing against poor sides.

Think we’ll lose 3-0.

Even if my gloomy prediction is right it is more knowledge in the bank for Flynn in what is effectively a huge pre-season.

Brilliant support again. Have an ace day all who are going.

3 Likes

Slightly O/T, but long may this continue. In addition to this superb following, I think next season we should designate one match as our, ‘great day out, for all, game’, and get as many as possible on the road - over and above, that is, the usual following. Somewhere easy to get to, that can hold upwards of 3-4,000 of us.

Stockport anyone?

4 Likes

Carlisle or Exeter.

Fleetwood or Morecambe :laughing:

The New Oxford was a good real ale pub on our last visit up there

Great pub. My local in the distant past

Interesting. Wasn’t he at Blues as a youth so another local player club deemed not good enough…and then signed Gaffney instead! :joy:

Aren’t Salford moving to where the rugby league team play soon, think that’s out of the way aswell but close to the Trafford Centre.

Not sure on this one, perhaps 2-2 and another season of them missing out on play offs despite having a wage bill of about 15m!

Crewe are coming down so that would be good, either start or end of the season.

Vale Park another obvious one with the big away end.

1 Like

Not been this week but it is one of my favourites for choice of real ale (as opposed to craft). And it is actually in Salford rather than Manchester.

Spent part of this evening in the Nag’s Head which is a proper old fashioned pub that is a shrine to George Best and also to all things Manc. There are hundreds of photos of actors, singers, bands, sports people, celebrities and otherwise famous Mancunians (born or adopted) all over the walls and ceiling.

Dad not good. Going down hill :disappointed_relieved:

Was there a few weeks back and is a cool pub with all the george best and football quotes, pics etc. Did you make it up to the terrace on the roof? There is a mural of loads of manc musicians, actors etc. Playing the name them all game is fun after a few pints!

If either come up, Notts and Wrexham would also fit this category.

I really hope one of those two does come up rather than say a Boreham Wood. Both will bring at least a thousand and maybe many more which will make a couple of home games far better occasions than recent games against some of the promoted sides - Sutton, Harrogate etc.

1 Like

Really like Nottingham but I’ve never been to Stockport so that is a deffo for me

1 Like