L 2-1 vs Swindon Town (H) - FA Cup Round 2 - Sat 4th Dec, 3pm

Excellent choice enjoy mate put them feet up and get well soon :+1:t2:

1 Like

Cask strength :wink:

Get Pomser to send them some sausage rolls for a pre match meal poison them all we win job done

Seriously there away record is excellent can’t see us winning this one sadly 1-3

Swindon have nearly sold out of their entire allocation of 2,200 according to their FB page.

Imagine what a atmosphere it would have been if we had our usual 4,500 . Shame they’ll have more fans than us in the ground

Would expect 2500 Walsall fans at least as there is no extra price increase for pay on the day.

And it was Swindon that were relegated on goal difference.

We were actually top of the league In January after a 3-0 win over Brentford, although there was an unusually few games played due to the very harsh winter which If I remember rightly saw our many times postponed 2nd round FA Cup tie defeat at Peterborough played on 3rd round day. It was also one of the Boxing Days where we all turned out to clear the pitch against Huddersfield, although unlike the year before the pitch was frozen underneath and hence postponed anyway.

That 5-0 is one of my favourite memories watching Walsall though. I can remember it in ridiculous detail for some reason. The crowd was 6010, Swindon wore the Brazil colours, Absolute Beginners by the Jam was played at half-time. I can remember stuff that was said on the bus on the way down, the St. Johns ambulance guy that lived in Shelfield (Mr Perrett) that got the football special with us had a conversation with my brother (who was supremely confident of a win as ever) when my brother mentioned a win over Lincoln a few weeks earlier in support of his optimism, “but these aye no Lincoln” said Mr Perrett as though we were about to tackle Real Swindon.

I remember some bloke next to me in the open air bog at half-time (when we were 2-0 up) saying how we needed a 3rd goal due to how dangerous they looked and citing the fact we’d “kicked the wrong way” in the first half. I think we rattled three more in by the 60th minute or so, and when the 5th went in I can remember looking up in absolute joy to notice the rain pouring past the big square floodlight. Typical as a Walsall fan my joy turned to thoughts of …“if this gets any heavier…and there’s half hour left!!”.

Brilliant night, and can’t believe its 40 years ago, no way!

3 Likes

We’re due a good win. It’s been brewing for a while so it must be in the bag.

1 Like

We should have incentivised it with a 2 for 1 or have done something similar to the kids thing the other week for this cup game no wonder the magic of the FA Cup is fading if not completely faded away already.

I am pleased to see my little typographical error has caused some amusement to you and others. :grinning: It has certainly cheered me up seeing some of the comments on a very dull December day!!!

2 Likes

Sorry for error, how silly to have not remembered such a feat!
The last few years seem to have condensed into a fug of failure, dull, negative discontent, on and off the pitch.
Here’s hoping for just a ray of hope tomorrow, a draw would do, but a win would encourage a small degree of excitement (until we are drawn away to Millwall) during this already written off league season.

Swindon are tough on the road, it should be a good game.
Our fans are desperate for a big 3rd round draw, any top six club will do away from home.
Narrow win for the Saddlers.

Expecting a low attendance. Always is this weekend. It turns December, it’s not a league game and is an extra cost and everyone goes (or is told)“I need to start my chrimbo shoppin”

Expecting a heavy defeat with more Swindon fans in attendance than Walsall.

1-3

Thing is Scoob we can’t keep giving tickets away just to get fans to attend. I think we’ve already ran 2/3 incentives.

I know it’s a novel idea, but winning a few games might help the club.

2 Likes

expecting a 2-0 defeat here cant see past Swindons blinding away form and our god awful performances at home at times and the number of swindon fans will give their team a real boost.

2-0 win
Miller and Wilkinson
5339 in attendance
No ifollow tomorrow so will be on here relying on @Scooby2167

1 Like

Isn’t it on iFollow audio same as last FA cup game?

1 Like

Should be on ifollow audio (if the WM commentator makes it to Bescot :wink:), but not available to watch.

2 Likes