L 3-0 vs Coventry City (H) - Friendly - Tue 19th July, 7:30pm

Our second home pre-season friendly.

Anyone reckon this will get moved to Wednesday because of the temperature?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was moved or cancelled.

Might cool down a bit by kick off? The nights are drawing in …

That would not surprise me, im sure the players are really looking forward to chugging about in 30 degrees.

Hope so, but BBC Weather has actual temperature 30 degrees feeling like 34 at 7pm.

Someone told me they had sold 3500 tickets?

Unlikely, as they’d sold 667 2 days ago.

1 Like

667 :laughing: that’s a piss poor attempt if you ask me.

A bit like our attempts to secure a decent forward or two, little wonder fans are drifting.
An opener with Williams and the Sjoke kid upfront would be the icing on the cake for a lot.

1 Like

Anyone know if you can pay on the evening for this? Won’t know if I can go until around 5 tomorrow

“Tickets go off sale at Midday on Monday 18th July, but fans will be available to buy on the night at the Poundland Bescot Stadium.”

1 Like

Obviously that’s for the Coventry fans @Belphegor but I’m guessing if they can we can and if not you could always sit in the away end :grin:

1 Like

Cheers Scoob
I might phone the office in the morning

Anywhere you can watch on stream?

Via the ticket office usually, yes.

1 Like

Can’t see it happening to be honest, we don’t usually organise our own streams when at home, we rely on Villa. Coventry recently played at Oxford and Oxford streamed on ifollow. I just can’t see Coventry arranging the stream at our place. Could be wrong but no mentions of a stream yet.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see what trialists are involved tonight. Would expect over the next two friendlies we’ll start seeing a more settled line up of what MF considers to be his starting XI for the Hartlepool match - has he got the personnel for this though?

Based of what we’ve seen so far I’d like to see Taylor Allen in the LB/LWB role - did a decent job against Ville whereas Monthe looked to have struggled a bit in that role against Telford. Is Bennett an option on the left?