L 3-0 vs Swindon Town (H) - League Two - Sat 7th May, 3pm

Also agree!

He’s certainly an enigma mate it certainly didn’t seem to work with him higher up the pitch well it did once when he won a ball back on the edge of their box and in turn we had an attempt but apart from that we seemed to have a gulf of space for them to run through on what seemed endless occasions.Work to do for Flynn maybe he’ll try him in a 3 as you’ve suggested I’m sure if it works you’ll let us know :wink:

1 Like

The 2nd was a real shocker, also noted yesterday that Miller half the time couldn’t even be arsed to jump with his man… it was pathetic.

2 Likes

Five of the six Walsall players in that screenshot completely out of the game, and White has plenty of ground to cover. Three man midfield deals with that better, but we have to improve positionally.

2 Likes

Spot on.

The shape was horrendous. I think it was a bit of a free hit yesterday for Flynn so I think he tried the 41212 to see if it worked.

It didn’t.

1 Like

Don’t really buy into the ‘free hit’ thing. Cup final or dead rubber, you don’t press that high against a team you know can go box to box with three passes.

Indeed. It was reminiscent of the 5-0 away defeat. Had hoped MF might have sussed them out a bit better.
They are a hell of a counter attacking side at this level.

Just to get the discussion going :joy::joy:

11 Likes

Precisely.

1 Like

Low probability of scoring with the shot. Kiernan should have pulled it back.

You can even see Osadebe calling for it.

Just watching Wrexham v Stockport both look to be way ahead of us in quality of players, makes next season even tougher when you think of the club’s they will be replacing if they both get up.

3 Likes

I think people forget it’s league 2 where a couple decent wingers and strikers will get you out of the division.

If your expecting to see ball playing midfielders then nip up to Villa park .

I saw a few yesterday in league 2.

1 Like

They certainly are.

Really, Swindon aren’t all that.

I think there best players were loans, hopefully we can have the same luck

Over two games Swindon have been excellent and they deserve to go up.

3 Likes

Will be interesting to see how D.C. approaches the project over 2 legs. I can’t imagine that the games will be as open as when we have played them.

I think people are also forgetting that midfielders do more than bag assists and so on. Even premier league teams have ball winning midfielders as well as those lovely play makers.

At this point the bloke could find a cure for cancer and in his spare time rescue kids from burning buildings and some people would whinge he didnt walk on water at the same time.

1 Like

Well that’s just a ridiculous comment.

1 Like

Yes, just based on their matches against us, they have been the only team that looked at a higher level. Unlike most on here, I was not depressed by yesterday. We had 3 creative players out and Labadie who is usually more effective against the better teams. But the biggest difference for me was the efficiency with which they converted chances and the quality of their shooting. With a couple of decent strikers, we are in for a good season.

Miller seems an honest player and does do some good things, but he is far too slow to spot a chance. His missed header and one other chance where he took an extra touch illustrate that. Kiernan has improved in his forward role but his shooting is poor too.

Defensively, I was not impressed at all by Devine and see no reason to try to keep him. Altogether, we were weak on the left side defensively. Kinsella, love him or not, went through a period of winning about 5 tackles on the run and, when he does that in the final third he creates danger. He is the best player we have for a press.

Finally, I hope Swindon do go up. I do not want to play them again next season.

2 Likes