L 3-0 vs Swindon Town (H) - League Two - Sat 7th May, 3pm

Both ties over the Saturday and Sunday next weekend so I believe not sure when the second legs are….possibly the Wednesday/Thursday the week after that.

1 Like

The old man said to me during the game yesterday there were so many spells of play where they looked to have 2 more players than us on the pitch.

Northampton v Mansfield is the Wednesday. My Cobblers pal (“Wellingborough Paul” as I should call him) went to Barrow yesterday and reckons that disappointment will crush their chances of going up.

Swindon v Port vale is Sunday 12 and Thursday 7:45

1 Like

It’s going to test the managers man management skills to get them off the floor after an unbelievable set of results.They say never take anything for granted and that proves it who’s have thunk it The Gas winning 7-0 yes they were playing a side that’s been way behind everyone in this league but even pride in themselves as players should have kept it to 4 or even 5.I’m sure Mansfield Mandy will fancy it more than Northampton Nigel that’s for sure.

My first thought when I saw the footage. Very difficult to get back up from that so quickly. They were 3 up before half time.

Well, sarcasm actually.

Held our post match debrief a little earlier. General consensus was it was a bitterly dissapointing afternoon, one side with all to play for and one with nothing to play for and it showed. That’s not to take anything away from Swindon who were very good and even if we played with full motivation and at our best it may not have been enough to beat them, sometimes you have to be honest and admit the opposition are just better than you. Out shape out of possession was poor but we were generally very sloppy in possession and they were very good on turnover of the ball. Only real credit for our boys was for Big Carl and Kins. Was really encouraged by MFs words at the post match do, he acknowledged we aren’t currently good enough and knows what we need to become a side capable of challenging for the play offs, by all accounts the club has already been working hard behind the scenes and already have a number of his targets over the line.

latviancheese“we will never play like this”.

Not in awe or them being spectacular or anything, we would just never sign the players.

Exactly what the Vale fans said about us when we gave them a 5-0 hammering under Whitney.

If Flynn did walk, the protests against the board would be extreme

Made me laugh!

Sat in the FTG / Purple / Homeserve yesterday when in the second half Keirnan intercepted a lose pass and set off for the Swindon goal like a greyhound out of the traps. One of the young blokes in front of me turned to his mate and said, ‘Watch him fall over’. A split second later as he arrived in the box…he fell over!

3 Likes

Yes. We all just laughed then too. We seemed to do a bit of slipping yesterday. We watered the pitch quite heavily before the game. Presumably this was at Flynn’s request so no great excuse if players had the wrong studs.

The other comedic moment was when Kiernan and Miller took each other out whilst making exactly the same run around the penalty spot.

3 Likes

At that point I was just thinking about getting in the bar

2 Likes

You’re chatting absolute nonsense. And you say I’m hysterical.

I’ve acknowledged his strengths as well as his flaws.

Shouting to “f*** the lot of them off” including Kinsella is nothing short of hysterical.

Why can’t you just give your opinion and even if you don’t agree with it respect everybody else’s and grow up🙈

4 Likes

I gave my opinion and said I wasn’t interested in having the discussion! It’s not my fault that everyone’s so hurt that not everybody agrees with them.

Giving your opinion is all anybody ever does on this site, literally what it’s for. I’d say the people who can’t handle their positions being questioned need to be the ones doing some growing up :+1:

As I’ve said before your opinions more than often carry a lot of weight and I like reading your posts .
But you have to accept not everyone will agree with what you say and will have their own opinion and don’t need to be given grief about it which in turn can put people off reading threads :+1:

3 Likes

Given grief about it? What are you doing right now? Difference is I’m not whinging about it.

No everyone else is . You just need to chill out a bit :+1:

1 Like