L 3-1 vs AFC Wimbledon (H) - League Two - Sat 23rd Sept, 3pm

The Wombles from Wimbledon Common and AFC Wimbledon head up to WS1 this weekend as we look to respond to a defeat against Swindon Town last time out.

AFC Wimbledon are now managed by Johnnie Jackson, who was a respected player in the EFL for a number of years, and find themselves 11th in League Two prior to this clash, with 11 points from 8 games.

After a fairly steady start, The Real Dons and their supporters may have their eyes on big things this season, with many hoping for a push at the playoffs at least, to try and propel themselves back into League One. One player who is definitely helping their cause is winger, James Tilley.

Tilley was a summer signing from League Two rivals Crawley Town and is on fire for the club at the moment, scoring 7 goals in his 8 League Two appearances as it stands, so we certainly need to pay close attention to him as he looks to extend that record.

One other player in their squad, who has made 5 appearances, is the rather funnily named Armani Little, which said in a Black Country accent is probably a bit funnier than it should be. He is 5’8 if anyone wondered.

Anyway, back to the football, and AFC Wimbledon’s last few fixtures have provided the following results:

Onto The Saddlers now and after defeat last time out at Swindon Town we find ourselves 14th in League Two in need of another three points to keep up with the leading pack.

Disappointedly we conceded after just two minutes last time out which kind of set the scene for the rest of the game, and Tom Knowles getting himself sent off wasn’t much help either.

With Knowles being suspended, what formation and lineup are you expecting to see? I assume Joe Foulkes will be in at RWB, and will we see the return of Danny Johnson as the spearhead of our attack?

Who gets into your team?

The next few games for Walsall are crucial as we seek to find out exactly what we could be looking at come the end of the season. There’s been some promise so far, but there’s also been some poor performances and results thrown in too.

Hopefully, this Saturday sees The Saddlers with 3 more league points and a climb up back into the top half. A defeat and we stay rooted in the bottom half, where a gap may start to appear game by game from those chasing the top 7.

Enjoy the game if you’re going, and get behind the lads. UTS!

Walsall vs AFC Wimbledon - Match Result
  • Walsall Win
  • Draw
  • AFC Wimbledon Win

0 voters

3 Likes

I’m still suffering with the dreaded new COVID variant. I hope everyone is taking necessary precautions because it has absolutely knocked me off my feet and I know I am not the only morbidity obese middle aged person who identifies as a man on here.

Generally I would give my ticket to Everton Andy as a keen student of the game with an eye for detail but he is cottaging this weekend so I’m selling my ticket to Dirty Barry instead.

As for the game itself, a tough fixture against a decent Wimbledon outfit but I fancy another team to get ‘Pounded’ at the Bescot with a hard fought 2-1 victory in front of another healthy 5,000+ audience bouncing back as all good sides do from last week’s disappointment. Fancy DJ to return to the side and bag a brace, some tough dilemmas for Sadler all over the side but that’s what he is paid to decide.

14 Likes

Agree that DJ should be back. If he is I will go for 2-1 to the Saddlers.

I’d have thought Dirty Barry would be more interested in the cottaging.

6 Likes

But Fulham aren’t even at home on Saturday…

1 Like

Should be winning this really, and I expect us to. Anything less would be disappointing.

1 Like

We need to show some form after that display at Swindon.
Need a good attacking performance and none of this sitting back at home, whether we’re a goal in front or weighing up the opposition, show some intent to win the game and get the home support back on side to make some noise and encourage the lads,

2 Likes

I don’t see the justification for that when they’ve only lost once this season

Absolute must that dj comes back.

1 Like

They’ve not lost away. We’ve not lost at home. I’ve gone for a draw.

Too close to call really could go either way. I’ll go for us to edge it 2-1.

They’ll find the Poundland is a difficult place to visit.

At home to a side with no win in their last 4 league games is justifiable enough for me.

:joy:

Quality

7 Likes

One of his best posts in a good while. Med me loff :smile:

1 Like

Taking my son tomorrow
He is yet to see us lose
So I’m going for a draw

He won’t see us lose tomorrow either :wink:

2 Likes

I hope Johnson gets a start as part of a two up top

3 Likes

To quote Sadler.

It’s time to get pounded

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m expecting Sads to stick to his 352 formation. Hopefully Draper on the bench to be used as an impact sub late in the game as the poor lad has looked knackered the past few games. Hopefully DJ will get a start to soothe his ego. Don’t expect us to keep a clean sheet as our defence will have a couple of square pegs in round holes. Will be tight, but I’ve got a feeling our habit of shooting ourselves in the foot will resurface.

1 Like