L 3-1 vs Forest Green Rovers (H) - League Two - Sat 14th Aug, 3pm

Got to feel a little for MT here, First management job and he’s been asked to do it without a striker.

Madness

2 Likes

When I was in the queue for the lower only one of the pair of turnstiles was open. The guy in front of me asked a steward why this was and he replied “He aye turned up”.
This steward was doing absolutely nothing at the front of the queue. He was not directing anyone, he was just standing there chatting to people he knew as they got to the head of the queue, whilst there was a redundant locked turnstile 6 feet away from him.
I’m assuming he didn’t know how to operate the turnstile. There were plenty of stewards on duty- five or six appeared from no where when fans in my block rushed to the front when the pelanty was given, but they just have one specific job. They can’t fill in when there’s shortages in other areas because they’re not trained to. It’s the same in the ticket office- surely other office staff or heaven forbid, management could chip in with a modicum of training just to help out in emergencies.
There’s plenty of stewards at the game- just train them up to do more than one job. Yesterday there was no plan B on the pitch as well as off it.

2 Likes

A good summary. I think it’s too early to say about Ladabie so I might take issue there. How often have we needed a “nasty” player who winds the opposition up and gets decisions off the referee?

And, by the way, if there was a sending off yesterday, Mills should have walked for that shocking and needless “tackle” in the corner. Reckless and irresponsible.

Right I have just about calmed down.
Total shambles on and off the pitch. A total embarrassment.
Mole and Gamble should not be in position any longer, after all it is there job to manage and direct the commercial side of the business.
From the moment I arrived, long q to get in, because the old turnstile operators have been finished, and massive q in the bars, running out of beer ???, card machines going down, staff half arsed, and no ketchup for the kids burger and chips, no curry sauce.
Speakers not working up the upper tier, then the game.
I could go on and on about that, but others have posted above. Osadebe needs to go, seen enough of his crap. Squad in unbalanced, wingers and strikers needed. Cannot believe we have started a season without a recognised Striker and Matt, pls stop 0laying people out of position.
Massively depressing stuff, but my blood pressure is lower now then yesterday

3 Likes

But it has, it has gotten worse :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :wink:

2 Likes

Surprise surprise reading all the comments above.

And as I said last evening there are some admittedly early, but very clear signs we are heading for major problems here, as are many clubs in the EFL. It isn’t entirely across the board, but a significant number of clubs are showing a downturn in attendance since the resumption, and we are one of them. 4k home fans for the first league game back under a new manager should be a massive red flag, the fact that we couldn’t even cater for them and managed to p so many of them off is disastrous when 5k is our stated watermark of sustainability.

I like Leigh Pomlett very much and think he is a genuine guy, but the shambles and atrocious off-field events that happened yesterday is under his watch. He should take responsibility and act to get people in to carry out their roles properly and professionally. If that means that Mole and Gamble need to go so be it. The whole infrastructure side of the club has gone to pot.

I also believe that we not so long ago bought in a new bar/restaurant manager, so surely he must be the one responsible for ordering beer stocks? Well clearly he isn’t up to the job so get rid of hom at the same time.

No more sorry excuses and pathetic videos saying we had a few teething problems!!! Get you act together LP and sort this mess out, now!!!

2 Likes

The SLO has stated on social media he experienced the problems first hand? But this sounds like he wasn’t even in the Stadium Suite? :thinking::man_shrugging:

I was looking from the “other side” the same as the lino, and it looked a clear foul to me. Agree that it looks innocuous from the same angle as the camera.
My first thought was “Monthe has got away with that” but then the lino started flagging…

Isn’t this the guy that was installed before the pandemic. And there was a match then when the lower bar hadn’t opened… apparently because he hadn’t realised there was a home game on?

Or the guy when 18 months ago there was the pre-ordering drinks debacle where nothing had been poured when fans got down at half time because they hadn’t kept a note of the orders. He tried to say them offering the pre-orders was a courtesy and they didn’t have to do it. Went silent when I pointed out to him it had been working fine for the previous few seasons before he joined though. :thinking::rofl:

1 Like

It could go either way mate she’ll either love him or well let’s say not love him and if she does love him I hope Geordie is ready for a rough ride as those Scouse girls are feisty :kissing_heart:

He may have seen it prior to being in lounge, I saw him after the game not during and to be fair he alone did not seem happy. It’s what changes now and what action that is taken that now that matters. We’ll see.

I disagree. I was right in line with it and Monthe definitely pulled the player back. I was very unimpressed with Monthe and Taylor: for big men, they were outmuscled and too easily beaten in the air as well as on the ground. Menayese has got to play in place on Monthe and Leak must be close to a start too. Given our lack of pace at the back, I’d even contemplate playing 3 at the back. We just need a left-wing back to allow that to happen.

4 Likes

Definite penalty and agree with comments.

2 Likes

I didn’t see a pull back. I did see a blatant one on us in the second half when we were breaking that wasn’t punished though. No consistency - still a bellend.

2 Likes

Have to agree I saw at least 2 humongous shirt pulls on our players one when we were attacking down the right second half and one when we put a ball over the top down the left second half on Kiernan the official’s in this league are very poor.

3 Likes

I agree he was a bellend - he missed the blatant pull back on Osadebe and was generally poor. But, that is clutching at straws a bit for our abject performance. When will this nightmare end?!!

It’s definitely no excuse - but I’m just pointing out the inconsistency in his performance. FGR deserved to the win

1 Like

I have seen the penalty incident lots of times now and I’m still not sure. Some sitting in certain areas seem to think it was definitely a penalty so I’m not going to argue. It was right in front of us but that didn’t give a great angle to judge.

The ref wasn’t far away from it at all, although behind it. He clearly shook his head to say no. The linesman presumably had a better angle. All that being said though, how often do Linesman get involved in incidents like this especially at our level. You see them delaying which way to give a throw-in at times to give the ref a chance to give a nod.

You couldn’t really argue with the scoreline, 2-0 at half time though as bad as it seemed you are only a goal away from getting back in the game. 3-0 and you are looking for miracles, killed the match completely.

1 Like