L 3-1 vs Harrogate Town (H) - League Two - Sat 13th November, 3pm

Back at home this weekend for the visit of Harrogate Town for another League Two glamour tie.

The Sulphurites are managed by Simon Weaver who just so happens to be the son of Chairman Irving Weaver (I can’t imagine that going down well here in past years :crazy_face:), but together they’ve helped get the team into the Football League and stay there for the second season in a row.

Coming into the fixture, Town are 7th in League Two and going well, still surprising many who have them to struggle this season. That said, their recent league form hasn’t been great, and their last six fixtures have thrown up the following results:

16th Oct - Colchester United (A) - Lost 1-0
19th Oct - Tranmere Rovers (H) - Drew 2-2
23rd Oct - Hartlepool United (A) - Lost 3-2
30th Oct - Bristol Rovers (H) - Lost 1-0
6th Nov - Wrexham (H) (FAC1) - Won 2-1
9th Nov - Sheffield Wednesday (A) (PJT) - Lost 4-0

Onto The Saddlers and we head into the game on the back of a good recent run of form in the league, although we suffered a minor setback with a loss against Forest Green in the Pizza Pot this past midweek.

That result aside, Matt Taylor seems to have started turning the ship around to face the right way and I would expect to see a settled starting XI, most of whom have started our recent league games. I would expect to see Brendan Kiernan start against his former employers too, hopefully to show them what they’re missing.

Missing for Walsall this time out are Joss Labadie (suspension), and Conor Wilkinson, Liam Kinsella, and Rory Holden (all injury related). Not a bad four players to come back into the team is it?

Harrogate will provide us with a tough test, but I think we have enough about us to win the game. What are your thoughts? Who do you expect to start?

Walsall vs Harrogate Town - Match Result
  • Walsall Win
  • Draw
  • Harrogate Town Win

0 voters

Rose coloured spectacles for a 1-1 draw against the spring water brigade in front of a crowd of 4580, including 243 Harrogotites

Earring netting for us

Think we will draw this one . We’re missing a few 1st teamers and we will have to play a weak midfield on Saturday

Not sure I fancy us with Ladabie and Kinsella both missing, hopefully Wilkinson is back.

I’ve gone for the win, on the basis of absolutely bugger all apart from I’m going and I want them to win.
A win would potentially shoot us up the table - a shame that our “strength in depth” doesn’t seem as evident as the management would have us believe.

2 Likes

3-1 win. So confident I’ve included it in my prediction league thingy.
I expect Miller to score at least one.

I’ve read somewhere that there first choice strikers are out injured. Muldoon and Armstrong

Back to winning ways with a dominant performance here a comfortable 3-1 win :+1:t2:

Just in case anyone didn’t know.

1 Like

I am going for a win too but acknowledge we will be short of some our best players.2-1 will do.

Wilkinson will be out for a while yet.

Tweet by the Express & Star’s Joe Edwards from the fans forum…

Taylor on more injuries: “We should have Conor (Wilkinson) and Liam (Kinsella) back training in the next couple of weeks. Zak Mills, he’s got a procedure on Wednesday and should be back in next few weeks. We hope to see them all (Holden included) back before Christmas.”

Spoke to Rory after the FGR game and hie says that he is to start running in training next week :smiley:

1 Like

Preview done!

There won’t be a team in the division with a squad strong enough not to miss the combined efforts of Wilkinson, Holden, Kinsella and Labadie.

1-1

Disappointed I’ll be missing this game, going to watch England vs Australia at Twickenham, was a present for my Dad’s birthday.

Hoping to read reports of a good performance to go alongside a win

Can honestly see a defeat here, harrogate ain’t no mugs and know where the net is

As mentioned above it is going to be difficult without Labadie or Kinsella to play in the middle. No real signs the other night that there is anyone going to step up and fill the role.

I’m still going to go for a win though, a nervy 3-2 win, Miller with his shooting boots on.

Up the Saddlers.

This is a game where a number of players need to step and become the potential match winner.

Osadebe, Shade, Philips whoever it maybe be but, one of them needs to have a stormer.

We can’t continue to rely so heavily on one or two players, injuries are part of the game and for a guess Harrogate will also be missing players.

Folk still keep talking about Holden, speaking as if he will be back in our side again shortly, popycock! We’ve seen the last of him in a Walsall shirt, he will be released from his contract in the close season by mutual agreement.
VERY disappointed about Wilkinson, he is the spine of a reasonable team, without him we are an average mid table side that will lose more than we win and finish with a negative goal difference…again.
Think we may scrape 2-1 win on Saturday though.

Blimey are you turning into an optimist?