L 3-1 vs Stockport County (A) - League Two - Sat 13th Jan, 3pm

A chance to complete a league double awaits at Edgeley Park!

Stockport County vs Walsall - Match Result
  • Stockport County Win
  • Draw
  • Walsall Win

0 voters

Went with a draw again. Last time I did we narrowly scrapped past Grimsby 6-1

1 Like

Gone for a win. They have only won twice in the last two months and haven’t scored since Boxing day.

1 Like

1-0 Stockport County after 10 minutes

1 Like

A draw 0-0 or 1-1 .That is the best I can see unless, of course, we have replaced Draper by then.

As others have said elsewhere, this is a “free hit”. I think the players will be exhausted after 2 intense Xmas/New Year games and then the Soton cup match. Thus I think we’ll get turned over, 2 or 3 to nil in this one. And I won’t worry about that. Anything out of this game, and I think we really are on a roll and looking upwards in the table.

1 Like

We all hope that we repeat the Grimsby performance but know in realistic terms that Stockport are the stand out favorites for a win.
Think the Southampton resounding put down will have dented the teams confidence a little.
They have been on a bad run recently, but this is Walsall, we always give a timely hand up to opposition in need of a boost.

played them similar time last year with DJ and DJT up front and won 2-1, lets go for that again…

No chance without Williams

1 Like

2-1 Walsall, DJ brace and we go up to 8th, 1 point outside the play offs. UTS

To be fair we’ve had a clear week in the run up, I was concerned similarly after the Wrexham game when there were only a few days before the fixture at Blundell Park and we made me look a fool that day. Stockport’s form is very mixed recently, it’s a game we can definitely take something from.

1 Like

sold 450 tickets now, understandable i guess with nearly 2500 at Southampton at the weekend. If we can get something out of this game then we really can push on i think.

Play like we did against Grimsby second half and Wrexham and we beat any league 2 team
Keep up the style and togetherness and we can beat Stockport, we shouldn’t be scared at them
We are the better team

1 Like

This is a really tough game but we have shown that we can compete with the best in this division. It will depend on how we recover from the Cup defeat and on our injuries. It’s hard to see us signing anyone in time to play in this game.

Selection questions are whether we change the back three with our new loanee, whether Stirk starts or stays on the bench and who plays up front. Sadler has often used Tierney alongside Draper, so he might play him alongside DJT, or Matt, if he is fit. Or he might play Johnson.

I think we can beat Stockport, but concerned that the team will be a bit jaded after a busy Christmas and the Soton results. Also we’ve got a large number of injuries right now. Part of me is tempted to just say I’d take a loss and no further injuries - so we’re more likely to pick up some points against teams we’re ‘expected’ to win against in late Jan and Feb.

So it’s on Sadler really for this game - can he get the team to play like they did against Wrexham / Crewe / Notts? - If we do we’ve got a really good chance. UTS.

Momentum is far bigger in football than it is given credit for. More important than players being tired etc in my opinion.

Still a bloody tough game, but we should have no fear, Stockport haven’t been fairing too well lately.

2 Likes

We can get a result here if we play how we have been they like us have a bit of an injury crisis best time to be playing them.

1 Like

In that case so will Stockport since 28 November both clubs have played 10 games so should be an even game in that respect .we don’t need excuses, we need to show some bottle draw would be a good result against a very good side . Walsall form 6W.3L.1D.
Stockport form 2W.L3.5D
draw should be possible provided we don’t don’t gift goals like seems to be the habit .

3 Likes

matt?

tbf it was a great pen