L 3-1 vs Stockport County (A) - League Two - Sat 13th Jan, 3pm

Any advice on parking for this game? The club website says the nearest option is alexandra park but can’t see anything around there in terms of a car park.

Odin Bailey, Louie Barry, Nick Powell, Paddy Madden, Kyle Wooton, Isaac Olaofe are just some of their attacking options. It’s no wonder they’re top of the league and fully expect them to finish there come the end of the season. If we can get a draw there, I’d consider that a proper result.

2 Likes

Stockport win then. :crazy_face:

I parked on Armoury Street car park last season, not far away and quick enough to get away at the end.

Good call, I parked there for both league and cup game last time. Mind you I got there early to go to the Armoury for a pre-match pint, so not sure if it fills up later.

Think they will have a bit too much for us mind you said that about county and rectum

How long have you supported us?

:joy:

1 Like

Reading their forum they are not looking forward to playing us and one fan describes them as ravaged with injuries,

1 Like

giphy-16

5 Likes

Lutfi returned from visiting family and his first question was “Are we going to Stockport” :grinning:

@AncientMoaner has got a pass out so be good to catch up with the miserable old git for a good moan :blush:

4 Likes

I’ve taken the 5/1 win and 100/30 draw giving a combined odds of 2/1 not to lose. Value bet of the season irrespective of the outcome.

3 Likes

Enjoy. Won’t be at this. Kids back to uni so the taxi needed elsewhere.

Anything other than a loss will be a really good result.

As I posted elsewhere I wouldn’t rush any of the injured lads back for this. Accrington onwards is where the big opportunity sits.

All that said, Earing and Hutch are both finding some lovely pockets of space and as a result, so are Johnson and DJT. Teams, even Southampton, struggling to stop those four combining to create good chances. A little smarter decision making and we look like we have goals in us against any side.

The back three looks solid and Comley is a fine screen with no pressure to roam given Earing and Hutchinson’s briefs (:eyes:).

So you never know.

6 Likes

What can go wrong !

1 Like

5/1 seems very generous considering our recent results against them and the 2 teams current league form .

1 Like

They’ve been on the slide, we’ve been on a roll. This has got 0-0 bore draw written all over it. I voted with my head, and that’s what it said. Heart reckons a cheeky away win to keep the momentum building, but I won’t hold any grudges if we come up short.

Confidence is high within the club so no better time to be playing table topping Stockport who are struggling with form and injuries.

We should have Stirk and Tierney back which gives us some much needed options from the bench.

2-1 to the Saddlers DJ double.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Had a better look and can see a few options to park, so I’ll try and get there early enough to get a spot.
Was it one of those payment app car parks or a put some good old fashioned money in to get a ticket?

I guess this could be a mini NUTS if a few are meeting up!

Are people heading anywhere for a beverage before the game?

I always park on car park just before the island on king street , never a problem

1 Like

Think we usually go to the Armoury a few mins from the ground