L 4-0 vs Aston Villa (H) - Friendly - Sat 9th July, 1pm

Apparently Villa are sending a team consisting of Ollie Watkins, Tyrone Mings and Ashley Cole! :flushed:

Tbf I think they meant Ashley Young, but neither spotted the mistake :sweat_smile:

Isn’t that for the game tonight against Chasetown? I’m pretty sure they are sending the kids to play there tonight so would be surprised if they play again against us on Saturday.

I reckon it’ll be their full strength team, minus the internationals.

Not too bothered by them anyway, looking forward to seeing the new signings for the first time!

As it’s approaching a sell out, is it all Villa or have Walsall fans also come out in numbers?

Almost certainly Villa. Be surprised if there is more than 3500 Walsall fans there.

3 Likes

You’re probably right My mate reckoned the first team were travelling to Australia for a tournament

There first game in the Australian tournament isn’t till the 17th so may use tomorrow as a gentle easing back into work

1 Like

How many triallists will we have in the team tomorrow?

I think the largest crowd we’ve had for this fixture was when Bescot opened in 1990. Strange day that.

Anyway - the crowd was 9,551. Tomorrow looks close to that amount though it is difficult to tell as some areas may be tarp’d off for segregation (e.g Block A of the family stand) which is maybe a bit daft given that as @Blazing_Saddler says, it’s a pretty mixed up crowd/audience anyway.

10,063 in 2003 after Merson signed.
Sad knowledge indeed!

1 Like

Good knowledge sir. Cap duley doffed.

There wont be that many tomorrow. Or at least I doubt there will be.

Flynn seems delighted and massively thankful to Villa for coming and their fans for turning up on their numbers and supporting another local club financially.

2 Likes

Buttering up Villa so when he gets his 10 minutes with Gerard he can ask for a striker for the season.

8 Likes

Or ask to be put on the Villa coaching staff :grin: :wink:

Has Louie Barry gone out on loan yet?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/07/06/wonderful-aston-villa-gem-has-10-clubs-lining-up-at-his-door-for-loan-exit/?amp

No but at least 10 clubs are interested.

1 Like

I’m sure MF will be asking SG about Barry and other Villa prospects, and, to help us out with their wages!

Dj tommorow, i instantly thought of Dj Ray Von from Phoenix Nights :rofl:

3 Likes

Barry is heading for the Championship