L 4-0 vs Aston Villa (H) - Wed 21st July, 7:30pm

As fans were able to buy tickets from the ticket office after 4pm, provided they had booking history, I assume they were being given paper tickets to scan in? This was what I hoped would be offered as an alternative for those who wanted to buy on the day but didn’t have a device to download to. The club need to confirm if this is the case.

I’ve seen a lot of people from various areas of the stadium complaining about the cleanliness after the so called “deep clean”. Everyone needs to feedback to the club so they go back to this company to rectify. Mole said in his video that this company has been given a contract to come back and clean regularly so if they’ve done a piss poor job it needs to be highlighted.

And here’s from the match day thread on this very site for that game in 2018.

So the emoji and the “no chance” I’d suggest were a tad wide of the mark. The difference in crowd between last night and that game in 2018 is that there were roughly double the amount of fans from both clubs. At the risk of another laughing emoji I’d suggest the eticketing thing was mostly fine.

2 Likes

Doing an anti Covid ‘deep clean’ is basically surface sterilisation, not physically shifting the accumulated dirt.

Maybe an effort from ISSA and UTS / Supporters Alliance could help out here. After a year with nothing happening it’s a lot of accumulated grime needs shifting.

The only issue with last nights game was the booking criteria for home fans. I reckon we’ve knocked 1/2k off the attendance, there was a lot of interest.

2 Likes

Agree with this. The stadium was dirty on Saturday too. I expected sparkling seats and toilets and they didn’t look any different to how I’d left them 18mths ago.

On a separate note, I thought the outside catering vans were a great idea. They looked to be doing a roaring trade.

2 Likes

Being outside though are they able to be accessed after you’ve scanned through a turnstile?

They were for the away fans not the home, guessing it was a one off but still it was clear the fans enjoyed it. The ques were long all game and after.

That maybe so but the way Mole explained in the video was that they were contracted to come back regularly throughout the season to keep the stadium clean.

Boris’s nephew’s company has the contract to deep clean every football stadium :grin:

2 Likes

Which ones? I don’t think they have wiped any unfortunately. Now I know some on here aren’t bothered about the seats but I am and the club should be if they have paid for the service.

2 Likes

My son emailed the club during the palace match, complete with a photo of the grime but he hasn’t received a reply. I also sent an email about top sizes but I haven’t received one either which is unusual.

Every surface in Hong Kong is spotlessly clean. Things like lift buttons and door handles are cleaned and sterilised every few seconds and, if you have any doubts, there are alcohol gel dispensers every few centimetres so that you can disinfect your hands.

Disgustingly filthy events like football matches are not allowed, neither are gatherings of more than four people outdoors. That could lead to riots.

We still have to wear face masks (£500 fine if you don’t) although there are 0 new local cases a day.

1 Like

Even before their first goal (and the 2 carbon copies of a straight through ball to a striker stood all on his own in acres of space about 25-30 yards out with a clear run at goal) I was a bit concerned about the number of misplaced passes (under/over hit or just aimless). Villa were quite capable of winning back the ball back on their own without us helping out by constantly giving it back to them from unforced errors.

Thought that improved though after we made our big raft of changes in the second half, with the younger lads doing much better in that respect - especially Perry and Willis in the middle (alongside Kinsella who I agree was the standout on the night).

Too often as well our go to attacking tactic was just the big ball over the top for Phillips to try and get on the end of (he did try but it was a tough slog for him against at least 2 defenders with usually no one up close enough to help him out if he did manage to get on to it). When we did try and play our way towards their end I thought Kiernan looked OK. On the other flank, Trialist B edged it for me over Trialist A but neither set the world alight.

We won’t be up against that calibre of opposition in the league every week though so I’m not too despondent about it.

Given that all the other youngsters were given time on the pitch, was a bit surprised that Maher didn’t feature at all after his cameo on Saturday. Anyone know the reason for his omission?

Finally - as others have said, we’re still to see Wilkinson or Earing (and we were missing Holden) or seen them against a more L2 level of team, so hoping that we can show more of a goal threat against Kidderminster for us to make a judgment on if/where we need any further beefing up in that area.

1 Like

Well the club shop are self-isolating which has been communicated a couple of times, that might explain lack of an email response as I’m sure it would be passed to them anyway to respond.

As for sizing, I’ve found this season that going one or two sizes up from your usual size fits right. One size up for a bit more of a fit, two up for a bit baggier.

I have read they are self isolating but presumed they would be working from home like a number are when isolating. I wish they would use sizes like 10/12 , 14/16 etc for the women’s top. It would make it so much easier.

Which is why I said everyone who saw the seats were still grimy should email the club with feedback so they can bring it up with the cleaning company.

1 Like

Similar to Saturday, I commented on the so called deep clean.
The stairwells to the upper tier are caked in bird shite.
It’s disgusting, just needs 10 mins of jet washing

On to the game, I thought we were v poor compared to Saturday. We looked way off the pace, maybe playing in 100 deg heat on Saturday took its toll.
We definitely need more attack minded players and missed Holden. I do worry he is made of glass

1 Like

My girls wore shorts to the game, the backs of their legs were black after the game :rofl::man_facepalming:

1 Like

I know it was only a friendly, and i know Villa had some class players out there last night, so i do get the perspective.
But after all the excitement of the new signings, and the general build up to the new season, i was genuinely depressed after watching the game last night, and it took all the expectations i had of giving someone of Villa’s pedigree a run for their money and shoved it down my throat.
All i can say is, Palace must have been poor to only beat us by one goal.