L 4-0 vs Aston Villa (H) - Wed 21st July, 7:30pm

It’s all a little crazy for a ground that’s rarely more than half full :rofl:

1 Like

They just said emails for season tickets would be sent prior to the start of the season.

I suspect they were going to send them in bulk once the fast track period had ended which has now been extended so could be next week.

1 Like

What kind of crazy nonsense is that! :angry: Five past three is surely plenty early enough to get to the ground. :beers: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1417786435294347268

Saw this posted on Facebook and there were still comments below moaning about it.

1 Like

Some moans are valid, most on the Facebook page are beyond moronic

Some bloke keeps going on about how we’ve ruined a 6 year olds life.

2 Likes

Why are we doing this though? I don’t get it.

It’s a friendly ffs.

1 Like

He’s a villa fan :rofl:

He’s been positing on all the posts. Makes sense now :joy:

1 Like

I’m wondering if they’re trying to limit the amount of calls / visits to the ticket office whilst they’re still trying to clear a backlog of season ticket queries

1 Like

Indeed, like this:

Posted on a post saying the ticket window is open to buy tickets. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve just looked he’s from brum and his kids are all in villa kits!

2 Likes

Agreed Geordie, why the hell do we have to put up with all this nonsense, turn up, pay cash at the gate, get in, sleep with Spanish waitress, slap factor 50 sun lotion on and watch us lose again, simples.
What would it cost to put turnstile operatives on? Peanuts.
I want to go and watch football, not get a degree in computer technology!
Whatever happen to going to a football match on a Saturday afternoon, with cash in pocket, completely smashed, moan for a couple of hours then crawl home get a pink 'un and see that we are now 23rd in the League again?
Kids today eh!

Kids today go with a phone in their pocket, with their cards on it. They dont carry cash. Even drug dealers dont use cash anymore.

This is a far more effective way of attracting a younger fan base.

In essence they will do all the same as above, without the need for cash, or a pink un.

3 Likes

Eh? I was wondering why the drug dealer conviction rate had soared recently.

They were easy to spot in lockdown :wink:

Fair point, Smackheads still use cash.

back on topic, nice to read there will be over 7 thousand there? there are loads of Villa fans looking for tickets on twitter, who knew we could be such an attraction :rofl:

I hope Labadie and Wilkinson are involved tonight in some capacity.

If it’s booking history only, it’s safe to say we will be outnumbered tonight. :joy:

Have been having a look at the eTicketing of our opponents in the upcoming away games.

Kidderminster use Kaizen Ticketing and sell to both home and away from their site (so need to create an account with them in addition to the one you have for our site). For our visit, they’re charging the same price for adults as our home pre-season games but no booking fee. There is a £2 surcharge for rocking up on the day so it encourages you to do it online in advance.

Cheltenham use Glitnir (along with Exeter and Torquay so guessing they are based in the southwest). Looks like they only sell home tickets and expect the visiting club to look after their own allocation. For the home fans it’s again the same pre-season prices as us (£2 surcharge on the day), no booking fee. However, their visitors before us are Coventry and their online system is run by Ticketmaster and charges £1 per ticket.

Tranmere use Alloc8. Our opening game not on the radar yet so not sure about how that will go but when we played them in a pre-season 2 years ago it was home and away from their site (didn’t need to create an account for away tickets) and no booking fee. Not sure exactly what’s going on for their game against Sunderland but looks they are only selling to home fans and letting Sunderland deal with theirs (as per the tweet @geordiesaddler had had). Again they don’t seem to charging a booking fee - on the day markup is £3. Not on sale on the Sunderland site but they use Ticketmaster and charge £1 per ticket.

Seems to be a bit of theme going on - all those using Ticketmaster charge a booking fee (although most seem to be less than ours) while those using other providers don’t. Ticketmaster also charge it on tickets for away games even if the home club doesn’t charge one to their own fans (or away ones either if they handle both sets on their system).

The increase for rock-ups is something we are used even without the technology but is an incentive to use it - but that is somewhat diminished by the markup.

Also, most clubs still seem to still be doing face-to-face (and on the day) sales and not forcing everyone to go online (other than by incentives).

It shows that there are alternatives available.

2 Likes

The fees won’t go away but they’d be better off hiding them in the price, if that’s at all possible.

I’m a big fan of going to e ticketing but being penalised financially for it is going to wear thin very quickly.

2 Likes