L 4-0 vs Aston Villa (H) - Wed 21st July, 7:30pm

Not if you normally get them from the window before or after the game when you’re already there for a home game.

I know Saturday was a totally different kettle of fish but if they had been selling the Villa tickets face to face then lots of people going to both would have bought them then.

I don’t mind paying extra for postage if I can’t get there to collect them before I need them, but it costs me more to print my dad’s ticket than any overhead to the club in sending the e-mail. The booking fee is more than a 20% hike up on his £6 ticket!!!

I get it that unless they write their own system the club has to go to a 3rd party provider, but I also see other clubs with eTicketing that don’t charge an extra fee (or at least per transaction rather than per ticket if they do) so I assume that there are other providers out there with pricing systems not as onerous as TicketMaster?

The FSA reported that Leicester City fans were unhappy at a £1 booking fee their club introduced a couple of years back (https://thefsa.org.uk/news/leicester-city-fans-angry-at-stealth-taxes-introduced-at-club/) so why should we, a club 3 steps down the pyramid, accept a larger one? Isn’t at least one of our multitude of supporters groups affiliated to the FSA? Perhaps they can get involved with their fair ticket pricing campaign …

Right then mucka your gonna regret me asking this so what’s the step by step process to buy tickets now then?

Do they charge the fee per ticket or per order. I.e., do you pay the same amount if you buy four tickets as if you buy just the one?

No it’s per ticket, so if you purchase 4/5 your getting walloped.

Hmmmm…

I did try a couple of years ago to interest my M.P. in this whole business of booking fees for tickets, but she didn’t bother to reply to anything I sent or asked.

So if I take myself and my kids to every game, I will end up paying £115 in transactions over the season :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I work in software, we do ticketing for most EFL and Premier league clubs. Safe to say there’s money in it.

1 Like

Previously I’ve always called the ticket office due to this but they queues have been ridiculous this week getting through so I just paid the £5 fee for 4 tickets.

1 Like

That’s quite an eye opener mate and absolutely ridiculous in my opinion

I can understand per transaction not per ticket, but that aint going to stop me going. got a feeling its going to be a memorable season.

Even worse if you think about it in terms of someone who can’t afford to buy a season ticket in a single hit (and either no bank account or credit worthiness to do it on the installment plan) - not only do they have to pay full price for an individual ticket (so already losing out), if they went to every one of the 23 home league games that’s nearly another £30 on top.

As an example, an adult Fast-Track in the Homeserve lower is £250. At £18 + £1.25 per individual ticket they would end working out nearly double that at £442.75.

And on under-18 tickets it’s a 12.5% markup!

1 Like

Why cant fans without a booking history purchase tickets? surely thats lost revenue for the club i know a few who want to buy them but cant at the moment.

I’d imagine on this occasion it’s to stop Villa fans bombarding the home ends.

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply mate, only just saw this.

I logged on to the ETicketing via the official website.

My season ticket seat was ready to purchase.

Clicked through, entered card details and paid.

Then once I had the email confirmation, clicked the ‘Add to Apple Wallet’ link and now it’s all there ready to go. :+1:

1 Like

How did you managed to do that?

Bought my ST a month ago and the confirmation e-mail just said I’d be sent a link towards the end of July. Not had it yet and if I click on resend in my account history it just sends me the same one as before.

Got the Villa and Albion tickets in my G-Pay wallet so no issues my end.

He’s on about the Villa tickets, not the actual ST.

3 Likes

Aha! I misread it as the ST itself. Can see now he only meant a (Villa) ticket reserved to his ST seat.

Thought the club were trying to tell me something if everyone else has had theirs already. :rofl:

Can we not just go back to the 80’s and Fellows park?

Booking history, booking fees, nobody answering the phone, ticket office shut, apps, cashless ground, vouchers for those that arn’t cashless etc etc etc.

FFS its just lower division football!!!

Drink Beer, turn up 5 minutes before kick off, pay to get in, go home and moan.

What was ever wrong with that?

7 Likes

Cheers mate I’ve just sorted my wallet out on my phone added a card and all that I never did it when I had my iPhone I just skipped the set up so looks like it’s ready to go now thanks for that :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Sorry Andy not massively clear, as Rob confirmed I’m talking about the Villa tickets. I’ve also not had the e-ticket through for my season ticket yet.

1 Like